ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will MD pro cart fit inside other cart cases?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SonSon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Will MD pro cart fit inside other cart cases? Reply with quote

I want to buy MD Pro cart but am curious if can fits in EA carts with the yellow tab?

Here is sample picture:

Thank you.
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, sorry
SonSon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you expand on why it would be incompatible?

And what are the dimensions of the card?

Thank you.
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks that it won't fit in other cartridges. I was hoping to maybe put the MD-PRO in a 32x game cartridge case
Chilly Willy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's designed for a "standard" Genesis/MegaDrive cart since those are easiest to find AND guarantees that you can plug it into either a Genesis/MD or 32X. If you made it fit those odd-sized EA carts (which I do have a few of), you'd be restricting people as there are nowhere near as many EA carts as there are of the "standard" variety. If you made them fit a 32X cart, you'd have to hack the Genesis to make it fit as the 32X carts were deliberately made not to fit in a regular Genesis/MD.
SonSon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the yellow tab carts aren't exactly ubiquitous. Sober logic would concur that the EA carts are too arcane for the MD pro to be tailored for it.

But Chilly, if you (or anyone reading this) do have the the MD pro and a disposable EA cart - as most of them are - could you check if the MD pro would possibly fit? Even if it takes some modding to the cart case.

My purchase of the MD pro hinges on whether or not they are compatible.

Thanks again!
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chilly Willy wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's designed for a "standard" Genesis/MegaDrive cart since those are easiest to find AND guarantees that you can plug it into either a Genesis/MD or 32X. If you made it fit those odd-sized EA carts (which I do have a few of), you'd be restricting people as there are nowhere near as many EA carts as there are of the "standard" variety. If you made them fit a 32X cart, you'd have to hack the Genesis to make it fit as the 32X carts were deliberately made not to fit in a regular Genesis/MD.

I wasn't talking about Tomy/Tototek making MD-PRO that come in a 32X case, I was talking about my own MD-PRO(s) fit in a 32X case. I guess it won't fit so I am not worried about it.
Chilly Willy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SonSon wrote:
Yeah the yellow tab carts aren't exactly ubiquitous. Sober logic would concur that the EA carts are too arcane for the MD pro to be tailored for it.

But Chilly, if you (or anyone reading this) do have the the MD pro and a disposable EA cart - as most of them are - could you check if the MD pro would possibly fit? Even if it takes some modding to the cart case.

My purchase of the MD pro hinges on whether or not they are compatible.

Thanks again!

I took apart my Bull & Blazers EA cart and while the holes don't match up, there's plenty of room for the MD-Pro. You should be able to mod it to fit and then hot-glue the shell closed or something similar. The hole are lower and farther apart than the MD-Pro, but the EA cart is nearly all empty space as their rom pcb is very short and wide.

@eastbayarb: It's almost the same issue with a 32X cart - the holes are farther apart than the MD-Pro wants, but it's not closer to the edge like the EA cart.
SonSon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much oblige chilly!

You should get commission from Tototek because I'm going to get one them there MD Pro's now. Very Happy
Chilly Willy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're a nice cart. It could be nicer, but I haven't really found anything to complain about. The most frequent thing you hear is people wishing for support for a parallel to usb adapter. I just got mine with the case they offer. It's a clean, plain Genesis case. I didn't want to use one of my old carts, and this way it's easy to tell from the rest: it has no label. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> MD-PRO Flash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: