ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

multi game hunter floppy drive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigjohn6

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: multi game hunter floppy drive Reply with quote

i have tried to replace the floppy drive in my multi game hunter but after trying 3 different standard atapi drives all i get is disk drive error displayed...anybody know why? was a special type of floppy drive used or am i doing something wrong?....regards....john
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MGH required a special twisted floppy ribbon and or a specific obsolete disk mode. You'll need a drive with manually settable jumpers and you'll need to find the rest of the info elsewhere, I don't know the rest :) Try forums.cherryroms.com.
bigjohn6

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: replacement floppy drive in mgh Reply with quote

thanks for the info, was just interested if there was any way i could fit a new replacement
Arakon

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some drives have a jumper to set them to A and B modes.. I was able to replace the drive with a different one that had those jumpers.
it might also be possibly to swap some wires of the built in ribbon cable to allow it to use unmodified/switched drives.
bigjohn6

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 5:10 pm    Post subject: multi game hunter floppy drive Reply with quote

thanks arakon,yes...its seems floppy drive needs to have jumpers which are either marked a or b mode...or...ds0 or ds1 mode and need to be correctly set for b/u unit to recognise it. have got friend in the computer trade looking for a couple for me! they were used in 3086 pc era so he tells me......many thanks again...john
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: