ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

differences between SF copiers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mica51

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: differences between SF copiers Reply with quote

Thanks to give me informations about the different SF copiers for SNES.

I want to buy one from TOtotek but i don't know the differences.

I want the best price for a copier which play many games.

Thanks.
rip

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoctorBackup wrote:
Get the Game Doctor SF7. It is the only one that ToToTeks upgrade RAM works with. THe SF7 is upgradable to 128M and the SF6 is only 32M which can NOT play all the games. You need a 96M SF7 to play all the titles currently available.
All this information is incorrect. Besides, no copier can play all games. The SF6 can certainly play most games, though you may need a patch for some. Furthermore the memory modules for the SF3, SF6 and SF7 are interchangable.

Please do not respond to messages if you don't know what you are talking about.
cpix

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, and remember that the backup units here are for NTSC only, so if you got a pal unit, you'd need to modifie it Smile
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually you could just switch the copier's CIC chip with a PAL one. Um.. Game Doctor SFIII+ can play all games without patches, of course except for "special" games with internal DSP/co processors. The SFVI should be upgradeable to 96M, SFIII to 48M and SF7 to 128M. The RAM Tototek sells might have slightly off timing for non-SF7 copiers, it will still certainly work. PAL SNES users will definately have timing problems.
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are only two types of RAM, old and new types with old being for Doctor SF/SFII. On the Doctor SFIII board the main slot says 32M, while the expansion says 16. I haven't tried putting in 48M, although I could. I don't know why Bung would deceive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: