ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

coming soon AES 1 giga bit NEO-GEO flash cart! pics inside.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acem77

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: coming soon AES 1 giga bit NEO-GEO flash cart! pics inside. Reply with quote

LOL

APRIL FOOLS
CrackLtd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mean, lol! But that would be a nice idea for Tototek to do! I would buy one definatly hehe!!
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.tototek.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1445
CrackLtd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, another 2 years are gone, and we are STILL waiting. C'mon kyuusaku move your damn lazy ass! Evil or Very Mad
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

? When did I say I was releasing a flashcart? I believe I said I was working on a MVS EPROM cart somewhere... Right now I still only know how to make MVS carts since I don't have the hardware to figure out the AES chip, there are so many signals I'll have to build custom hardware... Since 2 years ago I figured out M ROM bankswitching, but since learned that S ROMs can be bankswitched too in later games which I must look into.

Well I had been thinking about a SDRAM arbitrator which would emulate the Neo ROMs with two RAM modules, but found that 100 MHz SDRAM is too slow. A third module wouldn't even fit inside the case.. Two modules is really the only reasonable way, three takes too much space and makes it very inefficient.

Anyways, it's of no concern now... a RAM/flash cart is no longer feasible since MVS multicarts have been coming out. Sure they contain a lot of hacks to reuse data, but they do contain a LOT of unique games. It would only take two 80 game multicarts at $100 to contain the entire Neo Geo collection, nothing else can compete with that!
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyuusaku wrote:
? When did I say I was releasing a flashcart? I believe I said I was working on a MVS EPROM cart somewhere... Right now I still only know how to make MVS carts since I don't have the hardware to figure out the AES chip, there are so many signals I'll have to build custom hardware... Since 2 years ago I figured out M ROM bankswitching, but since learned that S ROMs can be bankswitched too in later games which I must look into.

Well I had been thinking about a SDRAM arbitrator which would emulate the Neo ROMs with two RAM modules, but found that 100 MHz SDRAM is too slow. A third module wouldn't even fit inside the case.. Two modules is really the only reasonable way, three takes too much space and makes it very inefficient.

Anyways, it's of no concern now... a RAM/flash cart is no longer feasible since MVS multicarts have been coming out. Sure they contain a lot of hacks to reuse data, but they do contain a LOT of unique games. It would only take two 80 game multicarts at $100 to contain the entire Neo Geo collection, nothing else can compete with that!

I agree. But, seems like every time (whoever makes them) a neo geo multicart is released, it's the same one, but with more added hacks. I asked the guy from Welink if they will release a neo geo multicart with the remaining games, but no answer on that. I think they are concentrating on different multicarts and multigame PCB's
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They do that because they will get more money by releasing the library spanning 10 carts rather than 2. I don't know where they're getting gigabits upon gigabits of flashROM, that's what's stopping someone from making better multicarts.
rbudrick

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screw the multicarts! Very Happy At the risk of sounding hypocritical, I must say, that's pretty blatant piracy. Anyway, I still want a flash cart with removeable flash memory.

-Rob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: