ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Famicom multicarts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:34 am    Post subject: Famicom multicarts Reply with quote

I'm quite unfamiliar with the NES / FAMICOM but here the place is flooded with famicom multicarts, you can even buy some at Tesco. You can't tell much from the label and it seems pretty much all the same games or different levels.
I understand there are more differences between game carts on this machine than on other platforms, so I was wondering if there is a known popular game cart design shared by those multicarts or even a known limited list of games for it...so I'll stop digging for new ones.
Here are 2 of the carts I got that have real unique games. I guess sb with the knowledge would tell if these games share something in common.

66in1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  48.58 KB
 Viewed:  10007 Time(s)

66in1.jpg

15in1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  55.37 KB
 Viewed:  10007 Time(s)

15in1.jpg

RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find! I wouldn't mind some more multicarts Smile

The thing about them is they often have many repeats of games (Especially carts with say, 30 or more listed games) that are enhancements. There are exceptions like PJ-008 (that is sold with a powerjoy NES clone) and that has 84 different games on it.
madman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The majority of the multicarts contain ROMs that didn't require a mapper. Over my course of owning many of these carts, I've occasionally come across smaller multicarts (4 in 1, 8 in 1) that container newer games with some of the more advanced mappers. Most of the larger ones with things like 9,999,9999 in 1 are pretty useless as they often contain only a handful of games like eastbay pointed out. Often the different "games" will just be games starting at different levels. For example SMB that starts at world 4-1, 4-2, 4-3, 4-4 being 4 separate games.
kazmat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

66 in 1 cart is very good no-repeat multi cart.

this is major cart in thailand. it is bundled when I bought famicon clone.

and best mario multi-cart I have ever seen.

RIMG0102.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  227.89 KB
 Viewed:  9976 Time(s)

RIMG0102.jpg

RIMG0101.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  216.41 KB
 Viewed:  9976 Time(s)

RIMG0101.jpg

Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys for the info. I read about the mappers on the NES so I guess indeed the choice in compilations has to do with it.

Here are some other pics I took a while ago. Kaz, you're right, this 66 in 1 is probably the best cart.
Actually I have a multi cart that is much heavier than others (purple on the pic) that I believe was sold with a keyboard version of a Famicom clone. It has an advanced menu compared to the other ones with music and a scrolling background with a sprite character to select the game. You can switch between 2 goups of 20 games (bankswitch with different mapper?). Group 1 Othello, Ninja... Group 2 Super Mario, Twin Bee...

box.jpg
 Description:
I also bought this thing a while ago. It's a NES clone in a Penguin...IR control pad with a 2nd wired pad to plug on it
 Filesize:  95.93 KB
 Viewed:  9956 Time(s)

box.jpg

carts.jpg
 Description:
There's also a green cart which has a Square game that only worked once...It has 2 UV Eproms inside for those who shall know.
 Filesize:  71.16 KB
 Viewed:  9956 Time(s)

carts.jpg

Trenton_net

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect they use custom mappers and/or hardware in Chinese Originals vs multi-carts. I'll try and get some pictures if I find the time. Something like this, which has battery backup support surely must be designed diffrently than your run-of-the-mill multi-cart pirate.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: