ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FDSloadr on the sharp famicom twin??
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
galine

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:27 am    Post subject: FDSloadr on the sharp famicom twin?? Reply with quote

Hello World.

I recenbtly buy a twin famicom and I have a only one FDS disk for the moment but this disk are brocken I would like know how I can rewrite it on my twin famicom

I have found somes information about fdsloadr on the internet but nothin really explicit about this software with the twin famicom.

the twin famicom and regular FDS system are different? is it possible to conect an fdsloader cable on the twin famicom mother board?

When I change the belt of the drive I see I have the bad chip (IC3206) and I looking for the unprotect mod for this drive

I hoppe someone can help me thank you in advance Galine
rbudrick

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FDSLoadr works with a Twin. However, you will need the 7201 mod or a mod board to get full functionality from it.

-Rob
galine

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes now I have a good chip for write (7201) FDS but I don't know how I can plug my twin to my pc can you explain me cause I have more 140 FDS to restaure. Thank you in advance
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this looks interesting:

http://nesdev.parodius.com/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showpost.pl?Board=general&Number=165&page=2&view=expanded&mode=threaded&sb=4

looks like you need to connect the FDSloadr cable directly to the drive inside of the twin famicom.
galine

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have already try this solution but I think I have a problem with my pc cause I try fdsloadr on a ram adapter or an twin famicom internal FDS drive.

On the ram adapter, when I launch a disk image the famicom have a reaction (disk presence sound and loading screen but nothing else.

I read the document about fdsloadr and I see who the parallele port is at 378h, and it's IRQ base is 7. that 's ok.

but I have not the good frequence. "Reliable uploads REQUIRE that this port speed be at least 192800 Hz" I try somes setup without more chance.

I haven't yet try to plug the clasical fds drive I will try ths week I hope I can have better result. cause I would like use fdsloadr for restore my empty shoes box of FDS.
madman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using a DOS computer? FDSloadr won't run under modern Windows operating systems. Even with DOS, I wasn't able to get it working properly. If your goal is to copy FDS disks, there are certainly easier and more reliable ways.
galine

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes my machine is an old pc with dos (windows 98 killed by F8 key at the startup)

I try on 2 machine :

a laptop => pentium 75 with 16 mo ram
a regular pc pentium 3 with 256 mo ram

but each time the speed on the right corner on fdsloadr is wrong.

But maybe I make a fault somwhere? -_-.
galine

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you think fdsloadr will works on a nec pc-98 cause I have a pc9821 cr13 under dos,windows95 and 98 maybe the parrallele port works better??
galine

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

non working under my nec pc-98 dos -_-.

I dont understand what is wrong. for the moment i juste try to launch fds image on the ram adapter I havent not yet mad the fds cable for plug the floppy drive on my pc but I think if the fdsloadr doesn't work on ram adapter it will be the same with the drive no??
galine

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 pics of my non working fdsloadr (you can see my small famicom ready for paint)

It try to load mario but no result on the famicom I think it's a probleme with the frequence

"Reliable uploads REQUIRE that this port speed be at least 192800 Hz"

and I have 1441573 hz oO.

http://sites.google.com/site/galineworld/_/rsrc/1248957798128/mod-mod-mod/consoles/twin-famicom-fdsloadr/100_1410.JPG?height=315&width=420

http://sites.google.com/site/galineworld/_/rsrc/1248956997851/mod-mod-mod/consoles/twin-famicom-fdsloadr/100_1404.JPG?height=315&width=420

http://sites.google.com/site/galineworld/_/rsrc/1248957076241/mod-mod-mod/consoles/twin-famicom-fdsloadr/100_1406.JPG?height=315&width=420

http://sites.google.com/site/galineworld/_/rsrc/1248957722376/mod-mod-mod/consoles/twin-famicom-fdsloadr/100_1408.JPG?height=315&width=420
rbudrick

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Half your problem may be that you are using a laptop. FDSLoadr prefers a desktop machine.

Also, you must quadruple check your wiring. Make sure your parallel port is set to the correct mode. Did you apply power to the cable (depending on which cable you are using)?

Also, if you want to write disks, you must do a mod (even on a 7201) to the power board. If using a twin, I'm not sure where you'd mod it, but it would be in the equivalent spots, I'd imagine.

-Rob
galine

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the moment I only try on the ram adapter I use this shematic for make my fdsloadr ram adapter

I let the twin famicom and try with a regular famicom and if the ram adapter works correctely I will try with my 7201 fds drive.

http://sites.google.com/site/galineworld/_/rsrc/1249078465149/mod-mod-mod/consoles/twin-famicom-fdsloadr/fds%20loadr%20Ram%20adapter%2002.png

For disk I havent yet make my cable.

About my PC I try 3 laptop 2 desktop under dos 6,22 I check my bios on all machine and all seems ok -_-.

I must be realy stupid or unlucky...
rbudrick

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your parallel port set to EPP in the BIOS?

-Rob
galine

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try many setup on the bios about the parallele port but nothing work normaly -_-.
ericj

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will FDSLoadr work on a Windows ME OS? Or do I have to run 95 or 98?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: