ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rom & Save problems with HiRoms...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Manaplayer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Rom & Save problems with HiRoms... Reply with quote

Hello!

I've read a lot of problems with the flash linker software,this problem too, but was not solved yet:

If i want to backup "Secret of Evermore (E)",it shows "32MBit" (Actually it is 24MBit!),and the SRAM-size of 64Kbit, which is right.
This cart is a HiRom.

The rom can be copied,but with 1MB too much.
But the worst thing is that the SRAM-backup is corrupted and can not be read by emulators for example.

Backups of LoRoms are no problem...

So what to do? Sad

I only use the programmer cart without the flash unit!
MottZilla

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to understand that it's using the ROM's imbedded information when it dumps the game. There is no 24Mbit setting. All 24Megabit cartridges report that they are 32Mbit. There is no problem. Dump it as 32Mbit and it will still work fine. If you want use a hex editor to cut off the extra 8Mbit.

The save corruption I'm not sure. Maybe try using the file with a different emulator.
Manaplayer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The extra 8MBit are no free space data, i've looked with a hex editor and it shows data until the end of file...

The savestate is a lot different than the original one- Again with a hex editor, i've seen some readable data like player's name, in the backup save of the orginal cart are nearly only spaces, like the one in this attachment:

save.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  save.zip
 Filesize:  12.84 KB
 Downloaded:  865 Time(s)

MottZilla

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you aren't trying to load it as a "save state". You need to use it as a "SRM" file with an emulator.

I know that the last 8 Megabit has data, but it's mirrored data. You can cut it off without affecting the game. Just be sure you cut off the right amount, 1 megabyte exactly.

By the way, both saves in that attachment you posted are identical according to their CRC32 value.
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manaplayer :

See this post : http://www.tototek.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2502
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: