ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Don't use Pal SNES power supply for your copier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Don't use Pal SNES power supply for your copier Reply with quote

I got complaint from customer that he buy copier from us. But it is not working. After some people telling me about Pal SNES power supply not working for copier. I confirm that it can not use on copier.

Pal SNES power supply is AC 9V/1.3A output.
Copier need DC, not AC.
Pulse

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Tomy!

Yes, i think the one who sent you that email was me.

And when i knew i got the wrong power supply i ordered the right one online (at consolegoods).
But my copiers still not working. As i said in my mail it boots up fine, floppy lights up but the floppy drive does not read disks at all and directly freezes when i put a disk in. i already changed the drive and the IDE cable.

It would be very nice of you if you had answered me, because the device you sold me is not working!

The shipping was really fast and great, why isn't the customer service?

I just want to know if there were problems before you sent me the copier or if you have an idea what the problem could be.

It would be very nice to help me with that problem Smile

PS: This is the thread where i already stated it (but unfortunately did not find a solution yet: http://www.tototek.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2348&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=)

Greetings,

Pulse
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on the copier you could have damaged the power circuit or more by using AC.
CrackLtd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think many people mess up the meaning of AC and/or DC as these terms are not used in Europe (except England). And of course none of the european wallplugs (and standard psu's) are AC. Afaik there is no digital electronic circuit existing that works with AC current. The power coming out of the wallplug in europe (especially in Germany) is 220V AC. What comes from the powerplug is high power AC (220V / 110V in USA), and oscilates (changes direction) 50 times a second (USA = 60 times). There is no digital electronic that works with this kind of power. So the wallplugs cut down the power through induction to 3-24V (which can be selected on most standard PSU's) and the power doesnt oscilate anymore, its straighted to one direction with 4 diodes, and that is why you have to take care of polarity. That is what you mean by DC, Tomy. So, the meaning of AC/DC is different here from maybe other countries. For this: Of course the copier can take usage of european PSU's as long they are at desired voltage & amp/h output and set to the correct polarity. Everything else is false information. There is simply no SNES existing, no matter where on the world, that is working with AC current. We are screwed in europe, that maybe is right, but we are not THAT screwed (:
Reaper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can confirm both the european NES and SNES, uses AC-AC and not AC-DC, specifications as mentioned in Tomy's post with voltage and current. Took me a pretty long time to find 3rd party psu's for the systems.

Quote:
Afaik there is no digital electronic circuit existing that works with AC current.

There is, but maybe uncommon compared to usage of DC.

Quote:
There is simply no SNES existing, no matter where on the world, that is working with AC current.

The official PSU is AC-AC, whether or not it uses AC throughout the circuit, it still won't work with DC output. It might do a DC conversion on the board, but I cannot tell. Look at this: http://gamesjunk.com/pal-snes-ac-adapter/4533338926 - states AC 9V1.3A which is correct.

I've never seen a DC adaptor for NES or SNES in central europe.
haynor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laziopersempre

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I buy a sf6 but it does not work on my snes pal french
helppppp please
Trenton_net

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the... Don't these devices have power rating labels slapped on them? I just read what the label says before I jam any kind of power source into them. It's likely now that the regulator on the copier is dead. It can happen, for example, if you jam an NES power supply into a GD3.
CZroe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrackLtd wrote:
I think many people mess up the meaning of AC and/or DC as these terms are not used in Europe (except England). And of course none of the european wallplugs (and standard psu's) are AC. Afaik there is no digital electronic circuit existing that works with AC current. The power coming out of the wallplug in europe (especially in Germany) is 220V AC. What comes from the powerplug is high power AC (220V / 110V in USA), and oscilates (changes direction) 50 times a second (USA = 60 times). There is no digital electronic that works with this kind of power. So the wallplugs cut down the power through induction to 3-24V (which can be selected on most standard PSU's) and the power doesnt oscilate anymore, its straighted to one direction with 4 diodes, and that is why you have to take care of polarity. That is what you mean by DC, Tomy. So, the meaning of AC/DC is different here from maybe other countries. For this: Of course the copier can take usage of european PSU's as long they are at desired voltage & amp/h output and set to the correct polarity. Everything else is false information. There is simply no SNES existing, no matter where on the world, that is working with AC current. We are screwed in europe, that maybe is right, but we are not THAT screwed (:

ThAnks for trying to help but this is bad information. Completely incorrect.

Some devices have internal rectification (AC to DC) even if most require external rectification. The American NES is internally rectified. The Atari 800 is internally rectified. The PAL SNES is internally rectified. The NES can also take DC (either polarity). The Atari 800 requires AC in order to generate negative DC voltages inside. The Commodore 64 requires both AC and DC on a multi-pin plug. Not sure about the Atari 800XL but I believe it works like the C64 and needs both. There is no rule of thumb.

Older Japanese electronics were typically center-negative because it was easy to incorporate a battery switch inside the DC jack and they often sold electronics without an adapter… one of the main reasons Japan became known for portable and battery-operated electronics. This could stem from making Japanese electronics generally DC so that they would work in both 50 and 60hz regions (Japan once had a mix of both). Even this semi-standard was abandoned between the ‘80s and ‘90s to fall in line with the rest of the world (generally center-positive DC). Still, there is nothing forcing any manufacturer to do it a certain way so expect variances. Many will do this just to force you to buy their plug.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: