ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New solution to the "NT Port Driver Coundnt Start"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
segasonicfan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: New solution to the "NT Port Driver Coundnt Start" Reply with quote

This is the most common error with the DreamWriter software. From what I understand it has to do with a driver that isn't always available in windows (definitely didn't come with my XP SP2) called "zlportio.sys" This driver is usually supposed to be located within C:\Windows\System32\Drivers

I've found that if that driver isn't there it doesn't matter how much you mess with the EPP/ECP settings in the Bios. Strangely enough, ucon64 does not need this file and thus it works better for many people.

Well, I googled a bit and found this wonderful little download link:
http://www.sourcecodeonline.com/details/zlportio_library.html

Just open that up and copy the files in the "example" folder into the same directory where "MDMTLK21.exe" is located (the DreamWriter application). Presto! It accesses the port I/O and successfully flashes now Smile

Hope this helps some poor souls that have struggled with this software like me. Fantastic product, but of course it needs better documentation and software.
knastbube

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoi did not work on my PC Sad

segasonicfan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you did not copy all the files to the folder. Copy ALL files from the Example folder in the download (inside the zip/rar file) to that directory. I also threw zlportio.sys into the system32 drivers folder but I don't think this really matters. Copy all those files (including portio.dpr, etc.) that are in that folder to your program folder. Make sure your printer port is set to EPP in your Bios and for use with port 378 (which should be default). Then it should work.

I notice you are running Vista though so fyi, I have not tried with this OS and don't know the results. This worked for my dual core PC running XP.
knastbube

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I see that cant work on my PC. Becuase my parallel port is on PCI and not on the motherboard. So i canīt choose a option about the parallelport on the bios.

But i have luck. I used ever my old Windows 98 PC to flash games.
It would a lot of better when it works on my Vista PC.

Is Ok
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> MD-PRO Flash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: