ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

-xgd6s

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Strike

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:56 am    Post subject: -xgd6s Reply with quote

I have wished for a while now that I could these "gd6" commands to work in uCON64; I'm finally fed up with using floppies to transfer data to my pc. I think I read somewhere that uCON64 had bogus code there, but would be very grateful if someone here could tell me otherwise and help to get these commands working.

Last edited by Strike on Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:14 am; edited 1 time in total
MottZilla

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean? UCON64 works fine for me. I don't believe I've used the saveram transfer feature much though.
Strike

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, today was the day where I finally got so fed up that I spent the entire evening downing beer and trying to settle this once and for all.

The problem started a few years ago when I first got into the scene; I set the parallel port mode in the BIOS to LCP, because none of the other options worked. However, I never did try normal mode, so I switched with a "what the hell" mindset... It worked! Now I can use every transfer command instead of just xgd3 and xgd3s.

Edit: Furthermore, since uCON64 never had the ability to receive ROM dumps, I always wanted to get Bung's TSF3 working on WinXP.

I discovered that it is possible to use PortTalk22 to specify which port to leave unrestricted for TSF3. As a test, I used this command: allowio 0x378 TSF3 2 /SF96SOEA. Voila, I just found a reason to keep TSF3 around.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: