ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

toxic os ps2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> User Buy/Sell, and Request stuff here
View previous topic :: View next topic  
otmandy95

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: toxic os ps2 Reply with quote

hello. i am looking to buy a ps2 modded with toxic os & hdd. anyone got one ??? thankyou Very Happy
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a DMS3 modchip if you can't find a complete console. I'm not sure if it was preflashed with the OS. The chip is extremely hard to install though, I ended up breaking my PS2 trying but my skills were also pretty poor.
Trenton_net

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you were always good at soldering. Or are the points too fine for you?
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wayyyy too fine for the equipment I had/even have now. The installation instructions asked to solder to solder-resisted VIAS instead of directly to the chip, it was crazy. I know I shorted a pin, but that wasn't likely what caused damage. Modchips aren't very nice devices electrically in the first place since they almost always overpower buses.
Trenton_net

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Join the club! I bricked a PS2 as well. Didn't have the right equipment, Bridged a pin, removed the solder using desoldering brade, solder pad came up, found an alternate solder location, finished work, black screen of death, removed everything, still black screen of death (^_^);
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's why a lot of people that want ps2's to play backups either buy them premodded, or just use hdd loader.

My PS2 is chipped (I don't even know which chip it is - bought it 3 years ago) with network adapter and hdd loader. Whenever I wanna load a new game on the HDD, I connect it to my PC.
MottZilla

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These days you have better options. Depending on what you want to play you can probably get by with ESR on a memory card and use patched backups.
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MottZilla wrote:
These days you have better options. Depending on what you want to play you can probably get by with ESR on a memory card and use patched backups.

That's a viable option. I have FreeMC boot on my memory card, so I don't need the HDD loader discs. It's just easier for me to put games on HDD via my PC than to patch ISO's and burn discs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> User Buy/Sell, and Request stuff here All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: