ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Im looking to buy this from someone..+some Qs..PLZ LOOK!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xperience

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:43 am    Post subject: Im looking to buy this from someone..+some Qs..PLZ LOOK! Reply with quote

Im looking to buy the flash cart for the Bung GB PC Linker cause mine fried and i would also like to know if ne one actually dumped a gameboy cart with this thing? I had no success and im alos wondering what is the best mode for my printer port to be in for this unit.

DjoeN

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's about the GB-XChanger (Also known as Flash Linker), YES you can dump your own carts with it.
http://www.robwebb.clara.co.uk/backup/bung/bungxch.html

Make Sure it is a V2 unit (you can see it printed through the clear plastic)

works fine with all computers that has standard SPP/EPP/ECP PC parallel/printer port

Get the flash software here: http://defaced.co.uk/bung/support/zip_file/gbxe25a.zip
http://defaced.co.uk/bung/support/zip_file/gbx15a.zip
http://www.64scener.com/tools/gb/eur-gx18.zip

and the menu you also need:
http://defaced.co.uk/bung/support/zip_file/gbpack13.zip

Have phun with this gb/gbc flash baby, the best kit for it ever made Smile
(BUNG All The Way!!!)
Ok it does not support HuC1 games, there's another flashkit that DO support HuC1.
Xperience

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx DjoeN but thats not the cart im talking about Sad Its this one :

http://www.computers-and-technology.com/detail-6744.html
http://chinatoysco.com/search.php?page=pclinker

Its a pretty crappy kit ask ne one but it works half decent. Would you happen to know the printerport mode for this? The cable attaches the port directly to the gameboy there r no chips or ne thing in the cable.

DjoeN

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far i know this, you can't dump your own games with this kit and you better get another flashit for gbc/gb if you ask me Smile

GB Gamejack (UFO)
Netmars E-Merger

and a few other are way better options (those devices can backup)
Xperience

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do u have msn? Add me stalker_mack_pot@hotmail.com plz. Ne ways it does backup games the program can do it but ive never been successful Sad and i dont wanna get another unit so do u know where i can get a cart for this? or if there is a compatible cart?

Thx

P.S. i stole your idea for the SMSReader case i used a plastic multigame case (holds carts and cds)

segabob

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:09 am    Post subject: Problem with MDG3 X changer Reply with quote

Xperience wrote:
Do u have msn? Add me stalker_mack_pot@hotmail.com plz. Ne ways it does backup games the program can do it but ive never been successful Sad and i dont wanna get another unit so do u know where i can get a cart for this? or if there is a compatible cart?

Thx

P.S. i stole your idea for the SMSReader case i used a plastic multigame case (holds carts and cds)

The Most problems people have with that system is they are not using the proper power supply.
If you don't use one with over 500mA You will get a read write error..
I use a 12Volt at 650mA. And It started working again.
You will need to download bung's (cartfix.zip) If you killed your dr64m card.
I just fixed mine today.

also use gbt16 (dos)winxp (command) to erase your card.
Good luck.
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBT is the only tool that recognizes my 16M and 2x 64M cards, wonder why. My 4M is recognized by all other tools though...
Live_Steam_Mad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DjoeN wrote:
So far i know this, you can't dump your own games with this kit and you better get another flashit for gbc/gb if you ask me Smile

GB Gamejack (UFO)
Netmars E-Merger

and a few other are way better options (those devices can backup)

Sorry to dig up this old post.

I just got my Netmars Gameboy E-Merger out after many years and tried it and it didn't work with my desktop machine, it said " EPP Port connect error ! ".

I used to use this item on my old laptop but ironically I threw the laptop out a few weeks ago. Also I never got the error on that laptop, it only ever crashed instead when I ran the E-Merger tools . Netmars sent me (years ago) a special version that didn't crash on my laptop. Anyway that machine is gone now.

I tried my desktop machine on ECP , EPP , ECP+EPP modes, in ECP DMA 3, but nothing seemed to work. But suddenly on version 1.12 of the tools I got a connection and it worked but only briefly.

Eventually I tried it with Parallel port on SPP mode, with ECP DMA on 1 and it on 378 / IRQ7 . And it worked! But again only briefly, came up with data errors.

Then after I plugged the cables and power supply (9V regulated, tip negative, 1.2A capable) and Gamboy cartridge in and out about 10 times each it suddenly seemed to start working reliably again like it had always done on my old laptop.

Fingers crossed it keeps on working.

Just thought I would post this info. here if anyone is doing a web search for " Netmars EPP error " as it came high up on the list on Google.

Cheers,

Alistair G.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: