ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A method for running 32M programs on WonderMega / X'Eye

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Evermind Genesis Megacart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morden

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: A method for running 32M programs on WonderMega / X'Eye Reply with quote

I got my MegaCart about a week ago and while I knew I wouldn't be able to play the Pier Solar Beta [32M] on my WonderMega, I knew I would still be able to play it in the MegaDrive, which didn't require the fix to be present.

For some reason, the cartridge has some major problems booting on my MegaDrive and all I get is a black screen. No fix present, big roms, small roms - it doesn't matter. I don't really know what the problem is, but because of that, I found a glitch that allows 32M roms to be played on the WonderMega [and possibly any other console that would normally require a fix].

While trying to get the cartridge to run on my European MegaDrive, I pressed the power button rapidly several times. On the TV screen I noticed the Sega disclaimer text flash on one of the power-ons. It would appear that if you power the console on and off rapidly, eventually you'll glitch the cartridge into booting the first game present on it.

I tested this on the WonderMega, flashing the Pier Solar demo onto the cartridge. A couple of quick power-ons and bingo, it did boot. It's not an ideal way and I wouldn't recommend it, but if you're really desperate to get that 32M program running on your machine, that's probably the only way to do it.

Since I already started a new thread, I might as well ask about the X'Eye fix - is there no other way to make the cartridge boot on the device without the fix taking up the space? Would integration of the fix functionality into the cartridge software be possible at all? And does the presence of the fix affect whether or not the cartridge boots on a regular MegaDrive / Genesis? If not, having the fix integrated and "on" by default would make things much easier. Is there still someone working on solving this issue?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Evermind Genesis Megacart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: