ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where in the world is Strider San Diego?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Where in the world is Strider San Diego? Reply with quote

Published 2 years ago but worth reading:

http://www.rawstory.com/news/2008/San_Diego_GOP_chairman_cofounded_international_0425.html
CrackLtd

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, nice nice. I visited him back in '92 (or '93?) in his Villa in Waterloo/Brussels (Belgium) to buy Magicom Copiers. He had an transport palette in his Garage with at least 500 Sets of SNES Supermagicoms + the external Diskdrive. I bought 20 pieces. We had a nice chat and i can remember the golden doorknobs and watertaps in his House. After the deal we drove to a nearbe McDonalds and ate some junkfood toether then i drove off back to Germany. It was a nice trip, and i remember Strider as a nice and reliable guy. Even though the copier might be illegal that days. But who cares today? lol. This is rediculous. That writer of article bloats him the biggest pirate in the world (he wasnt) and blames him to damage the whole software industry which is pure nonsense. All the kids back that time who copied games on thair C64 and SNES are also buyers of Software. And if a pirate has 1000 backuped games that doesnt mean he would have bought all games legaly if piracy would be more strict hunted. Fact is the so called pirates are the best buyers of original software. But, well. Some statements in the article are also true. but overall nice to see that Tony is still alive, hehe. Four Kids...jesus! haha...
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrackLtd wrote:
Haha, nice nice. I visited him back in '92 (or '93?) in his Villa in Waterloo/Brussels (Belgium) to buy Magicom Copiers. He had an transport palette in his Garage with at least 500 Sets of SNES Supermagicoms + the external Diskdrive. I bought 20 pieces. We had a nice chat and i can remember the golden doorknobs and watertaps in his House. After the deal we drove to a nearbe McDonalds and ate some junkfood toether then i drove off back to Germany. It was a nice trip, and i remember Strider as a nice and reliable guy. Even though the copier might be illegal that days. But who cares today? lol. This is rediculous. That writer of article bloats him the biggest pirate in the world (he wasnt) and blames him to damage the whole software industry which is pure nonsense. All the kids back that time who copied games on thair C64 and SNES are also buyers of Software. And if a pirate has 1000 backuped games that doesnt mean he would have bought all games legaly if piracy would be more strict hunted. Fact is the so called pirates are the best buyers of original software. But, well. Some statements in the article are also true. but overall nice to see that Tony is still alive, hehe. Four Kids...jesus! haha...

Thanks for sharing your story, always fun to read Wink
I guess the "ethic" part was, as usual, unavoidable in this article but overall I thought it was pretty well documented.

Piracy as being the scourge of videogaming is an eternal debate but for sure the game has changed once everybody could access CD writers and internet.
Chilly Willy

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I laugh when I read that piracy is "killing" this or that market. There's always been pirates, and always will be. It's just an excuse for making such a bad game that NO ONE will buy it. Good games sell well, not matter how much piracy there is. Bad games don't sell no matter how little piracy there is.

I think it's pretty rare that you'll find a pirate with NO purchased software. They often purchase the most since they are exposed to a great deal more games, they find more they are willing to purchase. Someone who doesn't pirate games is left to the mercy of magazines that rate games of a scale of 8 to 10 (seriously, every seen a game get less than 8 out of 10 or 4 out of 5?? ). They get burned on bad games and therefore quit buying altogether. If they could freely preview games, they would be able to see which ones are worth buying (based on their own tastes for games) and therefore buy more assured they aren't going to be burned.
CrackLtd

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found another interesting article about Tony:
http://www.sdcitybeat.com/cms/story/detail/stay_the_course/7664/

And there is even some vids on youtube with Tony on CNN or what...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O3u2D9bnbQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwZyq4vKEyg

Seems he will be the next President of the United States, lol

Last edited by CrackLtd on Tue May 04, 2010 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
NorQue

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you probably have an even bigger picture to post? I don't think that one breaks the layout enough. Wink
CrackLtd

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The size of the picture represents the size of his ego, lol. But if you find it annoying i can remove it.
Chilly Willy

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing grinds my gears like people who don't use thumbnails. Mad

Laughing
rbudrick

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chilly Willy wrote:
Nothing grinds my gears like people who don't use thumbnails. Mad

Laughing

Hmmm, I dunno. I hate thumbnails. Just one more thing to click on to see something and another window to pop up.

-Rob
Chilly Willy

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it depends on your net connection... if you're on the regular DSL found most places (100 to 200 KB/s), big picture suck donkey dong. Mad

You really need a 10Mbit connection to make big images tolerable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: