ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cart problem - will not recognize cart

View previous topic :: View next topic  
astrocreep

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Cart problem - will not recognize cart Reply with quote

I might just be messing something up down the line, but I've tried damn near everything. No matter what I do, I can't get the computer to detect the programmer, I always get a "Card Not Found" error of some sort. I've tried both the DreamWriter program and the Ucon64 frontend and tried them under both Windows XP Professional and MS-DOS 7.10 and still get the same message. The settings are currently on EPP in the BIOS and I've tried the other options as well (ECP, Bi-directional, Compatible). I've checked the parallel port address and it says 0x378, and Windows tells me the port is working fine. I tested the cartridge in my Genesis and the test games work fine. Programmer gets power and everything, but I just can't get the damn computer to detect it at all. I am using a Compaq Presario 5050 Desktop (one of the old Windows 98 machines) with both XP and DOS, with a Celeron processor (if that matters at all). Anyone have any ideas?
Chilly Willy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the USB hooked to? Maybe it isn't getting enough power from the port the USB cable is connected to. Be sure you use a motherboard USB port, or a powered hub. Hubs built into things like keyboards cannot power the programmer.

Also, if you have other cables, try them. One or the other cable might be bad. That's particularly true of USB cables... they seem to go bad more than any other cable I've seen.
astrocreep

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've tried the 2 usb ports located on the front of the tower, the ones on my other desktop, the one on my macbook, and an iPod wall charger.
Chilly Willy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's probably not the problem, then. Laughing
astrocreep

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it to work, got pissed and randomly fucking with the settings, and somehow it worked. Had to install Windows 98 on top of DOS, but it still doesn't explain why the DOS ucon frontend didn't work. Thanks anyway though.
Chilly Willy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since you got it to work in W98, you know it's working. Now it's just a matter of figuring out how to get it to work in other OSes. As long as the OS doesn't mess with the hardware configuration, it should be just a matter of installing the port driver and getting the settings correct.
Bibin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this same problem... I tried Windows XP 32-bit on my desktop, with EPP mode and Port 378, and it just says no cart found. Paralell cable is fine, I even tried building my own straight through cable that I tested with a multimeter to be perfect, and it did not help. USB is getting enough power. I also tried an ancient laptop with Windows 98, with the same results. The card does work in my Genesis with the preinstalled games. Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be wrong?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> MD-PRO Flash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: