ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Super Ufo Super Drive Pro 7 34M problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sanchez

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Super Ufo Super Drive Pro 7 34M problem Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have recently purchased a Super Ufo Super Drive Pro 7 with 34M memory. The copybox was booting up fine, but I encountered a floppydrive problem. I took the motherboard out, resoldered the voltage wire of the floppydrive and reassembled it.

It worked fine again, but I forgot to put in the DRAM card (34M). So, I turned the snes off, put in the DRAM card and it wouldn't boot again. Weird thing is, as of this point the copybox will only boot if I don't put in the DRAM card.

What could've gone wrong... Confused

Thanks in advance for your time.
Sanchez

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I officially declare myself not so smart, S-M-R-T Embarassed

I lined the numbers up when I put the DRAM card back, but it appears the numbers shouldn't line up with the motherboard, weird but it works perfectly now Rolling Eyes
MottZilla

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's good that it works now. Plugging in the DRAM board wrong could have resulted in permanent damage. You always want to take care in putting things back together exactly how they were.
Sanchez

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, stupid of me but I was a bit frustrated so I yanked it out without watching how it was placed. I assumed it couldn't go wrong with the numbers on it, but appearantly I was wrong... I'm very glad it didn't do any damage, the DRAM test shows 'OK' Smile
madman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done the same thing w/my SWC in the past. It's been going strong for about 17 years without issue.
MottZilla

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All depends on what exactly you do wrong. I'm sure you could put things back the wrong way in certain wrong ways all day and not harm it. But if you're unlucky you may cause some damage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: