ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Magic Supper griffin for sale
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> User Buy/Sell, and Request stuff here
View previous topic :: View next topic  
makaw

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:42 am    Post subject: Magic Supper griffin for sale Reply with quote

Magic supper griffin copier, for sale its on ebay at present, starting at $500.
location Brisbane
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Super-RARE-SUPPER-GRIFFIN-PC-ENGINE-ARCADE-/110652181565?pt=AU_CoinOp&hash=item19c3624c3d
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Magic Supper griffin for sale Reply with quote

makaw wrote:
Magic supper griffin copier, for sale its on ebay at present, starting at $500.
location Brisbane
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Super-RARE-SUPPER-GRIFFIN-PC-ENGINE-ARCADE-/110652181565?pt=AU_CoinOp&hash=item19c3624c3d

Starting at $500 and no floppy drive ?
NorQue

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RGB_Gamer wrote:
Starting at $500 and no floppy drive ?

Judging from the auction text and the picture this doesn't look like your run-of-the-mill Magic Griffin.
madman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That JAMMA PC-E is very rare. Not a bad price at all for that setup.
CrackLtd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i read correctly you dont even know if your hardware you try to sell is working at all. You just guessing it will. If thats true you demanding a quite high price. And btw that Griffin youtube vid is made by me, and its the ONLY griffin vid there at all. However, i have never seen an PCE Arcade Board, looks a bit like a NeoGeo Arcade, but how you can use that in conjunction with a Griffin? Most probably the boards hucard slot mechanically is unavalable for the griffin to plug. If youre willing to negotiate i might be interested as i still have RGBGamer's Griffin here for repair.
vectrex

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

humm the jamma pce is official ??? this looks like a standard jamma -> console converter with a pce pcb on the back ....

the adapter looks like the BEE CARD adapter ! so i guess this isnt running standard HU carts ?

what the Griffin has to do with the whole setup ??? who knows ?? you cant connect the griffin to this pcb setup anyway it just doesnt fit mechanically ?

damndamn ... i wanted to give this a go searching for a griffin for decades now ;( but as the function is unclear ... who knows

about rareness of this "jamma PCE" when this isnt a official NEC product i dont think thats rare at all ... i had 2 of these "jamma PCE" pcbs allready also they looked a little different in case of the jamma -> pce adapter pcb.
Skorpinox

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC, when I asked the seller if it was JAMMA they said it wasn't. It's hard to tell from the picture, but I don't think there are enough pins. I could be mistaken, though.
makaw

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, guys, yeah i am selling the griffin, etc, and you guys seem to know more about it than i do, I really dont understand its function in the cabinet. I dont know if you plug the hu card into the griffin and then plug the griffin in the pcb.
I do have cards on the way from Japan, so when they arrive i will have a better idea. maybe the griffin was just stored in the cabinet for safe keeping and you just plug the hu card into the pcb.
And only use the griffin for copying HU cards.
I have a floppy sourced and waiting for its arrival aswell.

I am only testing the water to see what happens. but i do know the last one sod on ebay was $600, from a forum i read.
As for the connection it has a 44 pin connector.
this machine was put together for Expo88, from what i can gather as a demo machine, hence the timer.
The griffin has a sticker Magic Super Griffin front Far East serial A00132
PCB has sticker Natmar holdings ,associated leisure. official amusement machine Suppliers to World Expo 88..
The adapter has NEC PWD-623B
The other side of the PCB has a EXT BUS port.
If it doesnt sell i have already built a cab from scratch to put this in, I cant wait to see if it runs correctly, and work out its complete functions.
Going to also try an external HDD , with srial port adapter to see if that will replace the FDD.

Anyone in Brisbane is welcome to come and have a look if your interested in this stuff, even if your not in the market for one.
P.s The guy who made the youtube vid, well done.Things like that should be everywhere for educational purposes.
vectrex_rox

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no need to try to connect a hdd to a griffin ... this wont work
makaw

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hu cards arrived today, plugged it into the cabinet and away it goes. it works well. I have a 9 volt external power supply to it, but it only powers up plugged into the PCB adapter. photos available if anyone want them as proof.
CrackLtd

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is looking pretty much insane. If this is valuable collectibles why you don't treat it as such?
romiso

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch!... i think there are plenty of people out there willing to give this a shot if the price would match the conditions of the items :/

if you consider to split the auction and sell each item separate for 200 - 250$ they would be gone in a sec Very Happy - well at least the griffin...
madman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Griffin has seen better days.
schmake

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was keen to drive to Brisbane to check it out, intrigued as I have a few JAMMA cabs here... however that picture of the Griffin is a telling story.

I did a quick search but with no cigar, what sort of driver board do the Griffin/SMD external floppies have, is it easy to replace them?
Skorpinox

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

romiso wrote:
Ouch!... i think there are plenty of people out there willing to give this a shot if the price would match the conditions of the items :/

if you consider to split the auction and sell each item separate for 200 - 250$ they would be gone in a sec Very Happy - well at least the griffin...

I agree. I have no need for an arcade PC Engine, but it would be hard to pass up a working Griffin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> User Buy/Sell, and Request stuff here All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: