ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

need info about rare famicom copier

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
romiso

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:02 pm    Post subject: need info about rare famicom copier Reply with quote

hi,

i need some info about a strange famicom copier (see pics)

only infos i got is that this is running via an apple II interface.. has anybody infos about who manufatured this, how rare it is, how it works and what a fair price would be?

thanks Wink

3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  25.47 KB
 Viewed:  4906 Time(s)

3.jpg

2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  20.38 KB

2.jpg

1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  24.01 KB

1.jpg

ericj

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like a cart dumper. Have you checked out the software on the floppies?
Thall

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats been for sale for ages..
romiso

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadly this is not mine (yet)... thats why i`m asking all those questions, because i don`t want to spend a small fortune for crap.. i`ve contacted the seller about the content of the floppys -> guess its just games.. i wonder which format they would be... sadly he can`t give me much information about it (he don`t even know if it works anymore - what makes things worse)... he said that its one of the first copiers to hit the market... games are loaded via floppy to the apple II and from there to the cartridge...

EDIT: @ Thall: i know... been looking at this for quite a while and consider to give it a shot if i can get reliable infos on it...

saw something similar here (at least the cart connector looks quite the same):

1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  68.23 KB
 Viewed:  4889 Time(s)

1.jpg

madman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last image is of the MGD1 from Bung which allowed one to copy SFC/MD/PC-E games.

The Apple II copier, I think, was a home brew from the Famicom Backup Technique mooks.
romiso

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok.. i`d really like to give this a try but since i`m a technical noob, don`t own an apple II and there is no software coming with this (the floppys are only games) this would only sit around and gets covered with dust...

i`d like to give others the opportunity to give it a shot - for collection purpose or technical interest:

the seller is 100% reliable and a very nice contact. i`ve bought couple of items from him before and everything was fine. somehow his webshop is not accessible through western ebay (at least not through my country) - so here is the link through ebay malaysia:

http://stores.ebay.com.my/jayhui1986/category8132983-/_i.html?_fsub=8132983

let me know if someone buys this, I`m really intersted in what`s this item about Wink
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give others the opportunity???? Jay has been trying to unload it for YEARS. Nobody wants it because it's horribly overpriced for what amounts to a retail cart modified for NVRAM and cartridge interface for an obsolete computer. It doesn't help that the thing is made from off the shelf parts and will only support NROM and some CNROM games, the majority of which are included on every multicart.
romiso

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know from my own experience that there are collectors out there, that donīt give a f*ck about poor technology and overpricing - simply because money doesnīt matter to them and their main interest is quantity over quality... iīve seen very strange things when it comes to "special interest" items and niche collecting (not only copiers)

so yeah why not give them a chance.. jays ebaystore is not as easy to find as tototek or gamedoctorhk as it is only reachable throughout certain countrys...

*edited

Last edited by romiso on Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
madman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He did share knowledge. In the year 2011, or even 15 years ago, that is a completely useless copier. He explained its limitations and why it is not worth purchasing, especially at the asking price. Any serious collector that would spend that kind of money already knows about that particular seller.
MottZilla

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it's cause I don't really "collect" copiers but I don't understand why anyone would buy some of these old things. Like for the NES or Famicom, the PowerPAK exists now. It blows away everything else. Alternatively you could use the CopyNES and modded carts or the PowerPAK Lite.

Similarly for SNES and Genesis there are better modern carts out now. Why in the world would anyone spend outrageous amounts of money on some of these old pieces of junk. If you collect them fine, but if you actually want them to use them you are wasting your money.
romiso

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry it was way to early in the morning and iīve missread kyuusakus post... my appologies... iīve edited my post...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: