ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jaguar Flash Cart

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Jaguar Flash Cart Reply with quote

I think it would be nice it haev a Jaguar flash card, games for this now unsuported consol are sill at or above full retail price when you find somwhere that sells them, which is rare.

I would buy one, and i know of at least one other person that would too.

I think anyone that has a Jaguar would agree that a flashcart is a good idea
Very Happy
Omf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops

just seen there is a post relating to this, sory folks

lol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<i>games for this now unsuported consol are sill at or above full retail price when you find somwhere that sells them, which is rare</i>

Not the case if you're located in the U.S. or Canada (or Europe, even). You can get a lot of good ones for under the $49.99 retail price. In fact, you can get all the commercial releases for between $5 and $40 on eBay, if that's an option.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i beg to differ, take a look at this ebay link, it is for battlesphere. I know it is rare but really!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8107828809
Daemon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Well i beg to differ, take a look at this ebay link, it is for battlesphere. I know it is rare but really!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8107828809

you made an example of the most expensive jaguar game..
this is an REAL EXCEPTION
thats like the only jaguar game to reach such prices...
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why you guys don't buy the Jaguar multi-cart, it has every game and SRAM to save, plus you wouldn't even need to reflash the cart. If you want one for developing purposes, you could just replace the mask rom with a socket. If you don't know the next step, you for sure aren't a developer.
Cassady99

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't know why you guys don't buy the Jaguar multi-cart, it has every game and SRAM to save, plus you wouldn't even need to reflash the cart. If you want one for developing purposes, you could just replace the mask rom with a socket. If you don't know the next step, you for sure aren't a developer.

It might have something to do with the prohibitive pricetag($399 the only place I've seen it for sale)... That's a bit steep.
cdiablo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can someone post a link to this multi cart. thanks
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm against Jaguar because I know it would surely hurt Tototek financially.You should wait for http://www.vgwiz.com/ to make one, they really like Atari consoles...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think it woudl hurt them at all. sure it woudl cost money to develope but i know quite a few people in the jaguar scene who would buy one, so the money would be regained
timofonic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
I dont think it woudl hurt them at all. sure it woudl cost money to develope but i know quite a few people in the jaguar scene who would buy one, so the money would be regained

Actually there are some scene in Atari jaguar and released some games, some uncompleted commercial games that now are completed by others... Jaguar is showing his potential after die...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That has and is happening yes, however these are are usually burnt to cds and sold for the jaguar cd because getting parts and producing everything needed for a cartridge would be expesive, this doesnt help cartridge only users.

Flash cards do already exist but are very costly to acquire and are somethimes a pain to program.

but they would be useful not only by people wanting to play roms but to te developer as well.

I am lucky in having a jaguar cd so i am ok.

This still in my opinion wouldnt have an impact, as jaguar cd games are extreamly difficult copy, i know as i have wasted many discs on them to no avail, i supose it is why atari se audio tracks and not data tracks. No error correction exists in an audio track.

unless you have the original iso files you are quite stuck.
DjoeN

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't mind, if you donated your Jaguar CD add-on to me Very Happy

Jags are nice, it's only a pain in tha *** to find games complete WITH joypad layout Sad, maybe , if tototek (i hope the do) brings out a flashit, some ppl will scan in those inlay's so we can print them out and use them on our controller)

(if the exists, i love to have the url to it, cause sometimes playing games without inlay is a bit like playing pokemon for the first time without reading the booklet)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

go here http://www.1632-sales.zenwebhosting.com/acatalog/index.html?http%3A//www.1632-sales.zenwebhosting.com/acatalog/16_32_Catalogue_Jaguar_Hardware_20.html&CatalogBody and you can purchase a new one Smile

remember though, to be able to use a jaguar cd usefully you need a memory track cart to save game positions / high scores.

most anoying
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> New Product idea All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: