ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PCI Parallel port cards might just work!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oerg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: PCI Parallel port cards might just work! Reply with quote

I bought the PCI parallel port card from Digitus today. The card cost me 12 bucks.

It advertized EPP compatibility and Port remap to 378 and 278.

However, it didn't work -- at first.

What I had to do was:

Start->Run->"devmgmt.msc"->Enter->Multi I/O devices->Right click->Properties->Details->Resources. The first value is the one we want, in my case E800.

Go to the driver CD and get setup.exe. Decompress it with 7zip or WinRAR. Grab the "Remap32.exe" program and run it (preferrably at starup time).

Grab my flasher (or ucon64 for that matter), and put the value from before as port adress.

The result is surprising:

IT WORKS!

Cheers!
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: PCI Parallel port cards might just work! Reply with quote

Oerg wrote:
I bought the PCI parallel port card from Digitus today. The card cost me 12 bucks.

It advertized EPP compatibility and Port remap to 378 and 278.

However, it didn't work -- at first.

What I had to do was:

Start->Run->"devmgmt.msc"->Enter->Multi I/O devices->Right click->Properties->Details->Resources. The first value is the one we want, in my case E800.

Go to the driver CD and get setup.exe. Decompress it with 7zip or WinRAR. Grab the "Remap32.exe" program and run it (preferrably at starup time).

Grab my flasher (or ucon64 for that matter), and put the value from before as port adress.

The result is surprising:

IT WORKS!

Cheers!

can you tell us where you got this? Also, what operating system are you using?
Chilly Willy

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably this right here:

http://www.digitus.info/en/products/accessories/interface-cards/pc-interface-cards/seriell-parallel/
renejr902

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

( for my laptop) does a pcmcia parallel port adaptor will work ? epp is compatible with this pcmcia card.
Chilly Willy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

renejr902 wrote:
( for my laptop) does a pcmcia parallel port adaptor will work ? epp is compatible with this pcmcia card.

It's not an adapter (like USB to parallel), more like an AT parallel port card, so I would GUESS it would work, but no one can be sure until someone tries it. The main things are: is it EPP compatible, and can it be stored to directly? It seems like both those are satisfied, which is why I guess it would work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> MD-PRO Flash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: