ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Undumped BIOS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: Undumped BIOS Reply with quote

I thought it would be a good thing to start a thread with all the undumped BIOS.
GoodSNES is wrong or incomplete when it comes to BIOS and since I finally got my programmer and I'm currently in Paris where I have part of my collection, I'll start with a few ones.

Sorry Kaz, the "GRAAL" will be dumped as soon as I get back home in a week or 2 Wink

swcdx_adhoc.zip
 Description:
This one is the Super Wild Card DX AdHoc BIOS, a 256KB BIOS. I don't know if it works actually as my AdHoc never displayed anything else than a black screen but I'm pretty convince the BIOS is not faulty, if someone want to check and compare...

Download
 Filename:  swcdx_adhoc.zip
 Filesize:  217.79 KB
 Downloaded:  773 Time(s)

spfq_plus_cdrom_dsp.zip
 Description:
This one is the Super Pro Fighter Q+ BIOS with CDROM and DSP support, a 32KB BIOS.
I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same as the Pro Fighter X.

Download
 Filename:  spfq_plus_cdrom_dsp.zip
 Filesize:  13.08 KB
 Downloaded:  707 Time(s)

spfq_plus.zip
 Description:
This is the complete Super Pro Fighter Q+ BIOS with the Realtime Save. It's a 32KB BIOS. Some versions have the "+" sign, some don't.

The one available in GoodSNES is the regular 16KB SPFQ bios.

Download
 Filename:  spfq_plus.zip
 Filesize:  12.03 KB
 Downloaded:  739 Time(s)

Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UFO PRO 6 BIOS v3.1
FX-64 "Vertion 2" v6.4

Fx64v64.zip
 Description:
This is the FX-64 v6.4, a 128KB BIOS.
This is the latest known bios for the Pro Fighter series with built-in GB/GG software + CD-ROM software.

Download
 Filename:  Fx64v64.zip
 Filesize:  74.79 KB
 Downloaded:  644 Time(s)

ufo_pro_31.zip
 Description:
This one is the UFO PRO 6 BIOS v3.1, 16KB, the last one made for this model I guess. I didn't think it was necessary to dump v3.0 unless someone is interested.

Download
 Filename:  ufo_pro_31.zip
 Filesize:  9.75 KB
 Downloaded:  772 Time(s)

Last edited by Mystic_Merlin on Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adr990

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing some missing ones.

But it is actually possible to replace the Eprom with a other one with a dumped bios on it which is a higher version.

Like this makes us able to add cd-rom drives on older models, just by putting a new bios in it? I mean there probably is some kind of mod needed in most if not all cases.
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

It all depends on your copier. Most bios can be upgraded to feature new options, new gui, bug fixes, anti-protection schemes...

The Pro Fighter serie is probably the less upgradable for the simple reason its logic is mainly hardware based around numerous components. There are at least 7 hardware revisions, not counting clones or other license CCL Pro Fighters.
Still, it's interesting to collect these bios for preservation and to understand how these machines work/evolved.

Nobody is willing to fully reverse engineer these copiers so I don't think you'll ever see a CD-ROM mod on the first Pro Fighters.
The later models though claim CD-ROM support so hopefully we can learn something from their bios and maybe some day understand how to support this feature.
jmlp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Undumped BIOS Reply with quote

Hi
How could i use bios for my super pro fighter q?
I put bios on a floppy disk like a rom?
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Undumped BIOS Reply with quote

jmlp wrote:
Hi
How could i use bios for my super pro fighter q?
I put bios on a floppy disk like a rom?

As I stated before, there are few chances your Pro Fighter is upgradable and it's therefore not worth doing the upgrade.
The Q and Q+ have different PCBs since the Q+ has a built-in 32KB real time save ram.

To upgrade a bios you need to burn an eprom with an Eprom Programmer.
jmlp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Undumped BIOS Reply with quote

It was just to have bios with real time save (i don't have it) but Eprom Programmer is too expensive for that...
amptor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Undumped BIOS Reply with quote

jmlp wrote:
It was just to have bios with real time save (i don't have it) but Eprom Programmer is too expensive for that...

USB eprom programmers are only $50 on ebay for a decent one.

I'm probably bumping an old post here but I found this interesting because I came across this thread from another thread.

I have a Pro Fighter X 3in1 will this bios work on it and what is the difference between the FX-64 bios and the one I'm currently running as original? I read on the other thread that this has music? I know my current one doesn't but I specifically got this unit because it has the american flag scrolling backgrounds (which a lot of people hate but it is entirely nostalgic to me for some reason even though I never saw or touched a pro fighter unit until I recently purchased this one)

Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You won't get much improvement with this BIOS over the original one apart from the music and CD-Rom support, so unless you own one...

Not sure about the PFX 3in1 pcb version but if it has a 1Mbit BIOS, upgrade should work.
amptor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found on ebay an inexpensive programmer I think will do this job. I haven't looked at the chip compatibility list in a while to be sure but I'm going to grab one anyway and see if I can get it to work with this type of project.

The programmer I found was referenced to from the following fora:

http://forums.nesdev.com/viewtopic.php?t=7994&sid=11e64bfa898d38edb1561a7f0ab6aff3

The choice examples, for price, are the following on ebay:

Genius G540 programmer (might not be fully compatible with Windows 7 as per linked thread above) ~$50

Also note worthy is the GQ-4X which is also available on Ebay. It costs about 2x as much at $99 (fully compatible with Windows 7)

RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speakinh of a BIOS that may be undumped, is the BIOS for a Bung Gamestation available?
xiaNaix

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RGB_Gamer wrote:
Speakinh of a BIOS that may be undumped, is the BIOS for a Bung Gamestation available?

It was. Ask the guy over at Neoflash.
DoctorBackup

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mystic Merlin. Lol. Probably an old thread

*edit*
Hahaha. 2011
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome Wink
It's indeed an old thread but I still have loads of undumped bios I should put up one of these days!
FireBirds

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.

I Searching for my "Pro Fighter X Turbo 2" the last Bios.
My Bios is v2.00

Where can i find the last Bios for all Pro Fighter X and Double Pro Fighter X.

Thanks.

Greetings FireBirds
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: