ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

nes powerpak

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
misfits

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: nes powerpak Reply with quote

Hi does anyone know where I can buy a NES powerpak from in the UK?
MottZilla

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only place that sells it is RetroUSB.com

You could try looking to buy one second hand elsewhere. But they should ship to the UK.
amptor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should sell my snes powerpak. I don't ever use it. sd2snes is far superior.

nes powerpak is still definitely a must have imho. it's the only multiple game nes flash cart that exists still isn't it?

and I think neoflash is still working on one but give it about 5 years and it might come out (2 years after that) Very Happy

RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am honestly surprised with all the flash carts that have come out in recent years, that the NES powerpak is the only NES flash cart that exists (and nobody has yet to make an updated gameboy mono/color flash cart with more than 64mb of memory). It's not like NES or Gameboy was obssure like say, Wonderswan (hell, there is gonna be an updated flash cart for that!)...
MottZilla

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The many different memory mappers and configurations might discourage people. Plus the PowerPAK does everything so well, it would be hard to compete.
madman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RGB_Gamer wrote:
I am honestly surprised with all the flash carts that have come out in recent years, that the NES powerpak is the only NES flash cart that exists (and nobody has yet to make an updated gameboy mono/color flash cart with more than 64mb of memory). It's not like NES or Gameboy was obssure like say, Wonderswan (hell, there is gonna be an updated flash cart for that!)...

As Mottzilla mentioned, it's the mappers that make a NES flashcart more difficult to design than any other. That's why there wasn't a proper flashcart/copying device until the time it was released. I can't really imagine what additional features someone would want that isn't in a powerpak.

I don't think that there is really a huge demand for a larger GB/GBC flashcart.
Howling

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madman wrote:
As Mottzilla mentioned, it's the mappers that make a NES flashcart more difficult to design than any other console. That's why there wasn't a proper flashcart/copying device until the time it was released.

Yeah, the number of mappers that were used in the NES is insane. It is complicated by the fact that there is no information on the cart about what mapper is used. This is also the reason why the USB copyNES is the only dumper -- trying to decode all of them is difficult.

madman wrote:
I can't really imagine what additional features someone would want that isn't in a powerpak.

Well, having all of the mappers working would be my first request -- but that is a ways off, I would bet.

madman wrote:
I don't think that there is really a huge demand for a larger GB/GBC flashcart.

Well, not for gaming. The music artists who make 8-bit tracks or chiptunes like to use the Gameboy to make them, so GB flashcarts are still in somewhat high demand.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: