ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game Doctor SF CD burning and GDSF3 parallel port questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:28 am    Post subject: Game Doctor SF CD burning and GDSF3 parallel port questions Reply with quote

I have a GDSF3 and two different parallel port adapters. The top one in the attached photo when plugged in, just produces a black screen (I got it from gamedoctorhk non working), while the bottom one, displays a message saying LINKING... when plugged into my GDSF3/CD7. Does anyone have BIOS files for these?

I also have a set of GDSF CDs. When I try to play games on them on my GDSF7/CD7, it shows the disc size, but when typing a game number, it says the file is not found (even though when the disc is in my PC, you can see the files). So does the disc need to be burned a certain way or with specific software? I tried burning the files to a CD with image burn as an ISO9660 disc at 8X, but no go.

Speaking of GDSF CDs, does anyone have an English games list?
E

IMG_20121018_185815-1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  53.98 KB
 Viewed:  7103 Time(s)

IMG_20121018_185815-1.jpg

MottZilla

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only BIOS dump I've seen is V3.3C for GDSF3. I've heard that there are two different CD-ROM addon versions. One works with I think both the GDSF7 and SF3, and the CD7 only with the SF7. I'm not really sure though.

Are you GDSF CDs original or copies? If they are original, maybe you have a hardware problem as they should be burned properly. Or maybe you need to add or not add the letter at the end, ex SF32001A or just SF32001.

There never seemed to be any great details on how to use the CD addon. Probably due to the difficulty in getting a CDROM. To get an english game list the best thing you could do is get a program to list through all the files attempting to read the ROM game header for the Title String.

You may want to just make your own CDs and lists anyway though.
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said, I tried creating my own CDs, but it just throws up an error that it cannot find the file that I type in
Ruger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bung CD7 only works with GDSF7 AFAIK. The original Bung CDROM drive (with caddy) works with GDSF3 w/adapter, GDSF6, GDSF7 and Dr. PC Jr.

My 2 cents regarding the CD7 error: Try a shorter parallell cable.
DoctorBackup

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FOr some reason I remember that there was a size restraint on the CD's used for Game Doctor CD's and certain cd media manufactures were compatible. I cant remember if it was 650M or 700M CD's burnt at 4x. I could be completely wrong on the size of CD but I know the CD7 and the older unit is VERY picky on the type of media used and how they are burnt. just my 2 cents. Would be nice if Tomy would chime in and give some advice on this topic.

EDIT:
Does this thread help
http://www.tototek.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3754&highlight=cd7
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruger wrote:
The Bung CD7 only works with GDSF7 AFAIK. The original Bung CDROM drive (with caddy) works with GDSF3 w/adapter, GDSF6, GDSF7 and Dr. PC Jr.

My 2 cents regarding the CD7 error: Try a shorter parallell cable.

Thanks, the suggestion to user a shorter parallel port cable worked! I burned the CDs as an ISO 9660 disc with Infirm and it was fine. I just remembered that I also have an English game list somewhere that I need to find.

Last edited by RGB_Gamer on Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
DoctorBackup

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. Im glad you got it working. Is there a list of BUNG hacked SNES files exist? I dont think GoodSNES is a viable source.
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoctorBackup wrote:
Cool. Im glad you got it working. Is there a list of BUNG hacked SNES files exist? I dont think GoodSNES is a viable source.

I used to have the color magazine with a list of all game doctor games, buy I sold that a long while ago. I have never seen a list available online, and the list I do have is incomplete.
RealTimeSave

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RGB_Gamer wrote:
DoctorBackup wrote:

I used to have the color magazine with a list of all game doctor games, buy I sold that a long while ago. I have never seen a list available online, and the list I do have is incomplete.

photocopiers can be handy Smile actually if you could scan it to PDF you would be set.

GoodSNES has all of the old pre-patched, pre-cracked games and trainers. I helped Cowering with it years ago and then some others helped him with more stuff from Schweino's archive.

The GoodSNES set even has the Pilotwings patched to run from Super Mario Kart which I acquired on efnet many many years ago. At the time, that was an extremely rare find as far as I could tell. Originally the ROM was ntsc/j. I created IPS and patched it onto the NTSC/U but I can't recall if that is included in goodsnes as well.

GoodSNES just won't have the latest patches that came out after the last version of GoodSNES.

I use goodsnes with swc dx and pro fighter all the time. When a game doesn't work, I just try a [b] or other variant of the ROM and it works every time. For example, DKC would display anti-piracy screen on my pro fighter x and so then I used the [b] ROM and the anti-piracy screen was no longer there. This means that, for this ROM in particular, the [b] is actually the cracked ROM file. It works.

RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I idiotically didn't think to make photo copies of that magazine. I wish I remember who I sold it to...I usually use my Art of The Game CDs since they are categorized by genre, but now that I have the game doctor CDs, I really want a game list...
xiaNaix

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never been able to find a complete Bung rom list either. This is one of the better ones.

ROMS.Nintendo.SFC.BUNG.List.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  ROMS.Nintendo.SFC.BUNG.List.zip
 Filesize:  37.44 KB
 Downloaded:  298 Time(s)

xiaNaix

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I think this is the CD-ROM list you're looking for.

BUNG_GDSF_ROM_SET.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  BUNG_GDSF_ROM_SET.zip
 Filesize:  28.37 KB
 Downloaded:  9983 Time(s)

RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xiaNaix wrote:

Thank you so much! This is the most complete one, even though it does not list SF48001 (tales of phantasia)
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have included an Ms Word version of the game list, formatted in 3 columns, and is 10 pages instead of 27 Smile

BUNG_GDSF_ROM_SET.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  BUNG_GDSF_ROM_SET.zip
 Filesize:  9 KB
 Downloaded:  285 Time(s)

DoctorBackup

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xiaNaix wrote:

Damn, I thought for second the CD ISO's were uploaded and about shit my pants. I think someone should do this to kill the market of people trying to sell and make money of the GDSF CD set. 30.00usd is what it was tried to be sold the last time I looked into it. That would be like someone selling Schwieno's amazing scene archive which I have that has an amazing amount of original BBS scene info in it. Stuff found no where else on the web
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: