ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

For sale: Dr. V64 system created by Bung (United States)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> User Buy/Sell, and Request stuff here
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeramee2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: For sale: Dr. V64 system created by Bung (United States) Reply with quote

Greetings,

I am in the process of clearing out my old videogame collection to fund a home theater upgrade. One of my prized possessions is a complete, working, Dr. V64 from Bung enterprises. The unit includes all of the required cables and power source. This unit has been in use in the United States, with the associated power source.

Shipping to the United States only to make the transaction easier. Please feel free to post any questions or PM me directly. Payment via Paypal is required.

A picture is attached as well.

The starting price is $200 or best offer. Thanks for your time! - Jeremy

image.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  202.6 KB
 Viewed:  7593 Time(s)

image.jpg

Jeramee2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Images of the V64 in action Reply with quote

Hello again gang,

I wanted to post some images of the Doctor V64 in operation to show just how well cared for this item is. It has been rarely used, and stored in a temperature controlled area in a sealed tupperware container to protect it from dust during my most recent relocation.

I just started selling some of my old videogame items to fund a home theater upgrade, and thought it was time to hand my precious V64 off to someone who can put it to good use.

Please see the images below. They contain the process of loading a game from the V64 power on, through loading and to the start of the actual N64 game (Banjo & Kazooie).

(1) Start up.jpg
 Description:
Dr. V64 Start up screen.
 Filesize:  189.6 KB
 Viewed:  7570 Time(s)

(1) Start up.jpg

(2) List of Games.jpg
 Description:
(2) List of games on the CD-ROM.
 Filesize:  222.54 KB

(2) List of Games.jpg

(3) Game loading.jpg
 Description:
(3) Game Load in process (Banjo)
 Filesize:  235.87 KB

(3) Game loading.jpg

Jeramee2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Remaining screen images Reply with quote

The remainder of the screen images through the load of the N64 game.

(4) Successful Load.jpg
 Description:
(4) Successful load.
 Filesize:  246.3 KB
 Viewed:  7569 Time(s)

(4) Successful Load.jpg

(5) Preparing to initiate.jpg
 Description:
(5) Preparing to start on the N64 (Bung Enterprise load screen)
 Filesize:  149.08 KB

(5) Preparing to initiate.jpg

(6) Banjo!.jpg
 Description:
(6) Banjo & Kazooie game started.
 Filesize:  167.75 KB

(6) Banjo!.jpg

bigjohn6

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very difficult sell these days, especially for $200 !!! Rolling Eyes I don't think a collector would even pay this amount of wonga.
You can get the BEST sd flash carts for half this price if you just want to play games Laughing
Best of luck anyways Smile
bigjohn Wink
Jeramee2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Big John Reply with quote

Yeah John,

I think you *might* be right... A few years ago people would love it at this price. I guess not anymore Wink... I've been off the boards for awhile, so I just had to look at some old sales and try and estimate a fair price. It is hard when all you can go off of is 2 or 3 historical sales and they only happen once a year.

The last 4 or 5 sales I could find were at around $250-275... So I don't know what has happened in the meantime. What is the capacity of the flashcards? Am I crazy or wouldnt you only be able to hold a limited number of games. Like I said, I've been off the grid for awhile.

There is also the challenge that I still want to play super mariokart, mario 64, and a few other classics - those few alone still cost over $100 on Ebay. If I sell at your suggested price, I lose my Dr. 64, about 150 games, and overall lose money to reacquire the 5 must have games.

Thought I'd just put it out there and see if anyone had an interest; I guess we will see.
bigjohn6

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.....i see where you are coming from.....
I stand to be corrected but there are two breeds out there....the person who just wants to play games without having to spend a fortune on originals.....and......the retro collector who likes to fiddle , collect and play on old hardware.
Collectors Embarassed tend to want hardware boxed and complete... as new if possible......the rarer the better and will pay for this privalidge !!!!!
General gamers have now got the opportunity over the last 3-4 years to buy flashcarts which store games in bulk on SD cards so are so much more smaller, convenient and modern than old floppy/cd based units.....
Lots of collectors Embarassed now use flashcarts and store their beloved backup unit collections, like antiques, in a cupboard !!! Embarassed
Unless the item is mega rare and mint boxed, values have plumeted recently for run of the mill backup units , thus making it very difficult to sell them thesedays and get back the money you payed several years ago.....
As said previously, good luck anyways.....
bigjohn
RealTimeSave

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there will be people collecting for the sake of nostalgia feeling as well which is a very good feeling to have. for these bung copiers as well as stuff from ffe, ccl, and possibly clones and gamars and other things. I sold my v64 on here a long time ago but I only in recent years first owned one so I don't miss it. still, I do remember playing 007 goldeneye single player on it at my friend's when they were still making games for the N64. those types of things have priceless value which is why the device itself can still hold its value. I wanted a v64 jr until all these flash carts started showing up. the jr is a good device though anyway. some people like to put their games on a cd and put it in the v64 itself too. that works pretty good anyways.
TheShadowRunner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigjohn6 wrote:
Unless the item is mega rare and mint boxed, values have plumeted recently for run of the mill backup units , thus making it very difficult to sell them thesedays and get back the money you payed several years ago.....

Ahah tell me about it Cool
bigjohn6

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know M8, i have seen yours and you are a long, trusted well known member and you are obviously struddling so this is also against him selling his !
Five years ago i would have snatched your hand off but apart from having the same model as yours boxed i still have 100 odd backup units in storage, some rare ! so when i / or my grandson want to despose of them i think i will be struddling on 80% of them ! Embarassed
About 4 years ago i offered someone on here $1500 for a boxed mint/as new CCL smart bros which was turned down, but i would think twice nowdays Rolling Eyes Maybe Embarassed
Anyways....good luck on selling your item which in my opinion is a good solid unit.
Best wishes Shadowrunnner....
bigjohn Wink
TheShadowRunner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words bigjohn! Cool
Indeed since flashcards have appeared, copiers have fallen in obsolescence and only the most hardcore collectors still have interest in them Embarassed
Btw, sorry for the off topic Jeramee, I hope your item sells as well, it's been obviously well taken care of!
RealTimeSave

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there was a time when I would have offered 550 or so for a smart bros. I remember when I bought my swc dx, the smart bros was the same price from the same guy.. supposedly these came from the factory starting at 64Mbit. The cost you wonder? $350 delivered. I wanted the swc dx so much because everyone hyped up ffe products through the roof on irc and bbses. So I sold my FireFox and purchased the swc dx. I had to add another $150 in there to do it. It was well worth it and a lot of fun but years later I wanted the smart bros and it was no longer available

what about now? hell no I wouldn't offer over 200 bucks for one. even that.. I might not even spring for it. I have four snes flash carts and although I haven't opened the ufo yet I assume it probably is a lot more ideal than smart bros (only making this comparison because of the gui, can't really say as much for any other manufacturer's cart although it is debatable that others make a better product of course).

bigjohn6 wrote:
I know M8, i have seen yours and you are a long, trusted well known member and you are obviously struddling so this is also against him selling his !
Five years ago i would have snatched your hand off but apart from having the same model as yours boxed i still have 100 odd backup units in storage, some rare ! so when i / or my grandson want to despose of them i think i will be struddling on 80% of them ! Embarassed
About 4 years ago i offered someone on here $1500 for a boxed mint/as new CCL smart bros which was turned down, but i would think twice nowdays Rolling Eyes Maybe Embarassed
Anyways....good luck on selling your item which in my opinion is a good solid unit.
Best wishes Shadowrunnner....
bigjohn Wink

Jeramee2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Sold Reply with quote

V64 sold.

Thanks for all of the helpful posts! Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> User Buy/Sell, and Request stuff here All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: