ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pro fighter x turbo has glitches

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fabio_figo71

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Pro fighter x turbo has glitches Reply with quote

hi,
I have a Pro fighter x turbo, everything works: disks load, characters are readable etc. The only problem is that some games, once loaded, give me some issues. For example, Super Mario World hangs randomly and Donkey Kong Country has orange glitches all over the screen making the game unplayable. Is there something I need to do to fix these issues?
P.s.: I use snestool 1.2 to add Headers to the roms and to split them, but before I can add a header, it asks me if it's a HiROM and if I want to disable the SRAM. What are these 2 options? Does it have something to do with the glitches and freeze problem? Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help Wink
MottZilla

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using the correct region of ROMs? Does the region of your console match your ROMs? Another thing to try would be to test your RAM to make sure none of it is bad, but that is harder to do.

Also, use ucon64 to convert your roms, it is newer.
fabio_figo71

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi MottZilla and thanks for your answer. I googled a bit and I found out ucon64 which is a really great program for splitting games, converting into "fig" roms etc. I got my roms to work! Smile the only two question I have at the moment are:
1. saves: apart from the "real time save" (which erases when I turn off the snes) is there a sram save like the original cartridges? I noted that the save game is still present after a power cycle, but if I save, load another game, then reload the first one, the save disappears. I wondered if there was some kind of option in the pro fighter x or maybe an explanation.
2. I read all around the net about current, voltages, polarity etc. and I got a bit frightened: for the pro fighter I'm using an universal adapter which is 220-240VAC 50Hz as input and 1.5/3/4.5/6/9/12V DC as output and is 1A max.
I'm actually using the adapter at 9V with POSITIVE polarity (positive center), and I read everywhere that the pro fighter must be used with NEGATIVE polarity (negative center) http://gamedoctorhk.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=69&products_id=1310. My universal adapter has a polarity switch I tried the negative one, but it gave me black screen, then I switched to positive polarity and it worked. My question is: how come my pro fighter x turbo works with opposite polarity that's advised everywhere? Thanks in advance for you patience Wink

edit: I've attached a photo because the polarity symbol on this adapter is quite confusing Confused
MottZilla

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The picture attached is confusing. Whatever setting works should be the center negative setting.

Yes you can backup your normal save game like in Final Fantasy or Zelda. You need to look through the options menu for the correct option.

On my Double Pro Fighter, at the main menu hit Select for the utility menu. Then goto Load Data or Save Data to load or save your SRAM data.
bigjohn6

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whattttttttttttttttttttt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The picture shown is confusing ??? Laughing
It shows the plug tip (centre) either positive (+) or negative (-) in the picture .....choose by switch position.....easy.....basic electronics Rolling Eyes
If this is confusing to you remind me not to ask you to open up ANY of MY backup units Shocked
bigjohn Wink
fabio_figo71

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigjohn6 wrote:
Whattttttttttttttttttttt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The picture shown is confusing ??? Laughing
It shows the plug tip (centre) either positive (+) or negative (-) in the picture .....choose by switch position.....easy.....basic electronics Rolling Eyes
If this is confusing to you remind me not to ask you to open up ANY of MY backup units Shocked
bigjohn Wink

It was confusing because I've always seen these symbols:

Now, I think that everyone who thinks about the word "center" thinks at something that stands at the core, not on the surface, so I thought that the upper symbol (the plus, on the left side) meant the outer pole and the symbol at the bottom meant the center one. I'm sorry not everyone on this planet (including me) is as clever as you..
MottZilla

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry about it. The picture you just posted is standard. I've *never* seen the drawing on the other one before. It is not used on any power supply I've seen in North America. Probably because it does an awful job of trying to describe what it means.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: