ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

super flasher program wont detect ROMS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xilith117

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: super flasher program wont detect ROMS Reply with quote

I'm not entirely sure what i'm doing so its possible that I made a simple mistake. When I put a ROM (.smc) in the roms folder it doesnt show up on the list and pressing "add game" doesnt seem to do anthing either.This is all I see.

I checked and the roms path is set correctly. Any help is appreciated.
Smile
xilith117

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: *BUMP* Reply with quote

I still don't know the problem. changed my parallel port to EPP mode in the bios... didn't help (not that it should have). PLEASE HELP ME, ANYONE.
Voliko

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, this is really obvious and might not help, but do you have the flash cartridge in the programmer with both cables connected and have it turned on with the red light on?

I ask because if I click on "add rom" without everything being plugged in and the programmer turned on nothing happens.

Was super flasher working properly before or were these your first attempts? I remember that it came with Tales of Phantasia and some Power Rangers fighting game pre-loaded on the cartridge. If the programmer is on and the cartridge is in it and you have never flashed it before, those games should appear in the "Card Info" section.
xilith117

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: hmmmmmm... Reply with quote

The programmer/red light is on and all cords are connected.The only rom info I get is what it shows in the picture. This is the first time i'v tried to flash them so I will try putting the game in the SNES and seeing what happens...
DoctorBackup

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What OS are you using? Is your Parallel port built onto mother board? If you insert into console does it run games??
xilith117

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running XP. I THINK my parrallel port is built into the motherboard. my SNES's power cord just broke so I wont know if it the flashcart works or not on the SNES for a few days.
Voliko

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idea After taking another look at that screencap, I think I may know the problem...

There is data in the "card info" section so I believe there is no problem with your parallel port.

So, obviously this is how it looks with nothing in the programmer:

And here is how it looks after I have added a few games to be flashed and it also shows the games currently on the cartridge (ignore the blank 1 and 3, those are just bad roms).

The programmer is also capable of backing up real SNES roms and their saves, as well as uploading any saves you find online. For instance, this is how super flasher looks when I have a real cartridge in the programmer, in this case, Final Fantasy II (US).

The data displayed in the card info section above looks just like what was in your screencap. The difference is that your's has no name and the rom size and sram size are huge.

This leads me to believe that you have a flash cartridge that is not Tototek's Tigersoft 64Mbit Super flash cart but a different kind. Point is, I think Super flasher only works with Tototek's flash cartridge. In which case, super flasher doesn't recognize your particular flash cart and you should try using a different program to flash.

I hope I found the problem, tell me if I'm way off or not.

Last edited by Voliko on Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
xilith117

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats interesting....it is tototeks flash carterage....i'll try puting another game on it and see if it recognizes it.
xilith117

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I put a game in and it was still the same as my first screenshot. I also tried unplugging the programmer and it STILL was the same (i closed the program between each attempt) Confused
Voliko

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...since the program / programmer doesn't recognize any carts it is probably is a parallel port problem.

Since you already set it to EPP mode the only other thing I can think of is seeing which port you have the parallel port set to in the bios and making sure it matches the port which the super flasher reads, which can be found in super flasher's setup menu, unless you already did that. I'm using port 378.

Also, did you see this thread?
http://www.tototek.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2688

The guy had the same exact problem as you and it turned out his parallel cable was faulty so it could be as simple as that.
xilith117

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

curious....I have never used this parallel cable before...I will have to get another and try it.

Note for future visitors: If you have a problem similar to mine get a new parallel cable. It worked and now i have my homebrew game on SNES! THANKS EVERYONE!!!
bazz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember I had problems with mine in the past. I got a different Cable that was short, and it worked after that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: