ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MD-PRO on AtGames console

View previous topic :: View next topic  
michaelgabrielr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: MD-PRO on AtGames console Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I recently bought the ToToTEK MD Pro 64M flash cart.

When trying to use one on my AtGames Sega Mega Drive console, the "Multi-Game Menu Megadrive" screen shows up, with 5 preinstalled roms in total.
However, I can't seem to run any. No matter what I do, it seems to keep resetting and returning to this menu when I press B or Start, while A or C don't seem to do anything.

Any suggestions on how to make it work?
MottZilla

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That clone probably uses emulation. The MD Pro might work if you put 1 single game on it with no menu.
michaelgabrielr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MottZilla wrote:
That clone probably uses emulation. The MD Pro might work if you put 1 single game on it with no menu.

Thanks MottZilla!

It took me a while to setup correctly, but I got it working.
There were several factors:
1. It turns out that the software only works properly on 32-bit systems. On my Windows 7 64-bit laptop, it gave an error concerning the drivers, if I remember correctly. The programmer worked on my Windows XP laptop, but this leads to another issue...
2. The software itself didn't work with my usb-to-printer port cable. Under Windows XP it got recognized as usb printer, but the software couldn't "see" it, no matter which ID I picked. I had to dig up my old Dell with the printer port built in. Since then it works pretty sweet (and it's lightning-fast).
Just like you said, if only a single game is uploaded onto the cart, it loads automatically.

Now I can rest with the knowledge that people will be able to play my game on a real Genesis/Mega Drive. Very Happy
I'll let you know when I'll have something substantial to show (if you want to, of course), but now I'm really excited! ^^

Thanks a lot! Very Happy
MottZilla

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No USB Printer adapters will work with these parallel port devices. They really are meant only for older printers.

I'm glad you were able to get it working.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> MD-PRO Flash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: