ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flashcart reviews I have done in the past, dodgy web site

View previous topic :: View next topic  
amptor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Flashcart reviews I have done in the past, dodgy web site Reply with quote

Some people have been enquiring about my reviews that I did on Gbatemp a few years back for several old console flash cart products. The real reason why I got banned from the site was due to a disagreement between myself and the forum owner, Costello. I was being harassed on their chat box and warned the user that I would place a 10% warn on him if he would continue. He continued so I found that my magazine staff status no longer had the capability of doing forum moderation (a couple weeks prior, it did but I had no use for it and everything was going smooth on that web site, forum staff digilently removed flames and personal attacks from my reviews, why attack me anyway? these people are nobodies and I don't know them in real life, just a bunch of losers).

Anyway after attempting to contact the owner about this situation, one forum staff member decided to not only personally attack me on the message board but also threaten to permanently ban me over a 10% warn which was justified. Now this peon that is a moderator on the forum gives people warnings in their profile if they do the same to him within the shout box which was done to me.

In short, Gbatemp is run by hypocrits and that is why my flash cart reviews are in shambles. Don't use this site for my reviews. I have been moving the reviews to another location but it takes some time because some of the html is muddled up (gbatemp web site used a really shitty forum software that I had to mix bbcode and html in for it to work, plus it had security holes if people were granted the capability to use HTML, all the while I am completely certain that Costello and other forum staff were worried that I would exploit the web site which was not something that I was about to do or ever did).

After my ban, I have come across people from other better quality console news sites that warned me about Costello and his crew and also found posts such as this one from previous magazine staff explaining their similar situations: http://dsdatabase.org/showthread.php/1755-Banned-from-GBAtemp

I would recommend finding better sites, run by better people for news about current Nintendo DS and 3DS flash carts. This site is lame and does not deserve the recognition that it gets. It sometimes gets hacked by sceners and other hacker groups due to the fact that it is run the way it is. The people involved in that site are not elite and have no rank on top sites or any other type of courier or scene site. They would not ever be allowed to be part of the scene even though they want to think that they are contributing to it.

Also some of the regulars on that site as well as some forum staff have over the years been so obsessed over this "amptor" that they keep logs and remember a bunch of useless things about my jokes and otherwise. They take everything seriously to the cross of the t and to the dot of an i making no sense because when you go in chat, things are not serious there and they also prove amongst theselves, too, that people within chat are just there for their boredom enjoyment and amusement. In short, gbatemp is for kids, run by kids, and hosted by those whom never made it out of adolescence.

Costello employs, without pay or any other sort of compensation, magazine staff as well as other forum members. His web site makes over $50,000 per year and those whom hold grudges against me don't even get to see a dime of that. So I laugh at you all now.

Lastly, I will point out that on several occasions I have contacted Costello via email to have all of the work I have done there plus the empty 'wiki' articles on his site removed. He refuses to do so because he is a lame arrogant and self centered person. This type of person would never be allowed to contribute in any way shape or form back in the better scene days. The way he does things is pathetic to say the least.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: