ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UFO SUPER DRIVE PRO pictures and after more information

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
groppo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:18 pm    Post subject: UFO SUPER DRIVE PRO pictures and after more information Reply with quote

Hi I managed to buy this from someone who didn't know what it was and to be fair all i know is that its a copier for snes. At first it didn't work but i gave it a good clean and bought a power supply for it and managed to get picture but never really got it working with floppy disks. I would like to share the photos i took for those that are interested in chatting about these things as one thing i learned was that not many picture are on the net also wondered why mine has so many chips inside compared to other images i have seen.

I don't even know what version it is or what things i can do with it. Also signs of corrosion any help to stop this and clean it up/fix will be great Smile

I have lots of images not sure how to upload them so will upload the 3 of most interest

IMG_0401.JPG
 Description:
corrosion :(
 Filesize:  236.16 KB
 Viewed:  2755 Time(s)

IMG_0401.JPG

IMG_0404.JPG
 Description:
bubbling :(
 Filesize:  174.81 KB

IMG_0404.JPG

IMG_0396.JPG
 Description:
board
 Filesize:  243.83 KB

IMG_0396.JPG

Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there,

What you have here is a UFO Pro 3 or 6 with a 16 Mb memory board, a very common but sturdy copier.

Yours seemed to have sufffered a capacitor leak on the left side of the board affecting the voltage regulator, crystal, maybe the FDD connector
and some lower components. No big deal as long as you replace the faulty cap / defective compnents and clean the board properly, testing out all the contacts.

You're missing the CIC on the bottom right corner of the board meaning you have to boot up with a cart on top of it.

Here's a complete pcb for your ref:
groppo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thankyou for the advice and the reply.

My knowledge is very poor on these things but i have basic knowledge of what a capacitor is and does and also resistors transistors and things. The chips on the other hand are something that interest me are they programed in anyway or are most of them just a form of logic (sorry if im coming across stupid just trying to learn about this product more)

I would like some advice with cleaning agents for the board what would work best and also where can i pick up the replacement parts (live in the uk). i will upload some more pics of my board hopefully Smile

As for the capacitor you think is leaking do you mean the big one near the power supply of that tiny one laid in more of a flat position near it.

You say its 16 MB memory and chance at upgrading this? or is that even worth it.

IMG_0404.JPG
 Description:
should i worry about this bubbling part? feels flaky
 Filesize:  174.81 KB
 Viewed:  2733 Time(s)

IMG_0404.JPG

IMG_0403.JPG
 Description:
also noticed some corrosion here?
 Filesize:  187.16 KB
 Viewed:  2733 Time(s)

IMG_0403.JPG

Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no stupid question so don't worry about asking, but a lot of these topics have been covered on this site do I'd avise you to read through the forum to start with.

A common failure on these machines are leaking capacitors. Once they start leaking, they can spread pretty much everywhere on the board.
It seems your leaking cap is the one near the power supply.
Usually the damage is not too serious as long as the acid hasn't eaten through the pcb but just on the surface.

First, you need to clean the acid with baking soda, white vinegar, toothbrush...whatever works for you.
Second, you need a multimeter to check continuity in case you have broken tracks.

Since you have issues with your floppy drive, I'd take a look at the connector's pins and the goldstar IC.

For the memory upgrade it's also covered on the forum. Not very difficult if you have some decent soldering skills.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: