ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Super Wildcard DX 96 (SWC DX96) BIOS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RealTimeSave

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:40 am    Post subject: Super Wildcard DX 96 (SWC DX96) BIOS Reply with quote

I just verified that the SWC DX96 BIOS does indeed work. It requires the 2nd revision of the Super Wildcard DX board with the goldstar chip which normally came with SWC DX95 BIOS installed. I just swapped out the chip.

ST M27C2001 is the chip I used. 2M EEPROM UV erasable (stores 256 kilobytes of data) Programmed with Genius G540 USB programmer.

The only noticable difference so far is the logo says DX and below it 96, rather than DX and below it 95 as well as the BIOS date was something like 1/04/96 (I'll try to come back later and edit that if that wasn't the date displayed since the TV is in the other room and the SWC DX is sitting next to me)

I read on cherryroms that this BIOS allowed the unit to be upgraded to 96M. I don't really have a way to verify this.

All backgrounds are identical to the 95 bios and I am guessing that the logos should be as well. Menu music and sfx are the same.

SWC DX 95 BIOS does not display the s/n. I am guessing this can be hex edited into the eeprom file and then flashed. I may look into that one day.

DSwizzy145

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So does this upgrade happen to bypass the copy protected games easily without needing to patch or anything? Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: