ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SNES/SFC enhancement special chips on GD SF7/SWC DX2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DSwizzy145

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject: SNES/SFC enhancement special chips on GD SF7/SWC DX2 Reply with quote

Hi, i had a thought that came to my head & apparently i was thinking was is it possible to add SNES/Super Famicom special enhancement chips on a backup copier like Super Wild Card DX2, Game Doctor SF6/7, or Gamars? like for example, i want to play a SA-1 chip game like Super Mario RPG, Treasure Hunter G (does that game have the chip?), or Dragonball Z Hyper Dimension on it, is it likely that i could solder the chip to the backup copier?
RealTimeSave

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: SNES/SFC enhancement special chips on GD SF7/SWC DX2 Reply with quote

DSwizzy145 wrote:
Hi, i had a thought that came to my head & apparently i was thinking was is it possible to add SNES/Super Famicom special enhancement chips on a backup copier like Super Wild Card DX2, Game Doctor SF6/7, or Gamars? like for example, i want to play a SA-1 chip game like Super Mario RPG, Treasure Hunter G (does that game have the chip?), or Dragonball Z Hyper Dimension on it, is it likely that i could solder the chip to the backup copier?

No you can't. The only games that work with special chip are DSP and Capcom games Megaman / Rockman X2 & X3. The only ideal chip to use with the floppy based copiers is a DSP1.

SD2SNES supports more special chips than any floppy based copier that exists. It supports all DSP chips, including SETA and it supports OBC1 and the Capcom chips without dongling anything from the cartridge slot.

DSwizzy145

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see, well that's a shame for those who would want those enhancement chips on their old backup copiers :-\ without having to cash out nearly $200 bucks. But, i understand the lack of said required chips that many would have to rip out of the board to be able to solder them into the copier's motherboard and (maybe) have to create a modified bios firmware so that way it could be supported. Unless we have a diagram of the board then possibly we can add them to the copier board perhaps?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: