ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Multi Game Hunter Black Screen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
romiso

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: Multi Game Hunter Black Screen Reply with quote

hi there,

i recently bought a mgh on a flea market. it came with one atachable diskdrive and 2 mgh (one is grey and only has a snes input on the bottom, the other one is black and has the snes and genesis input on the bottom).. it had no powersuply, so i bought an original pal powersuply from a friend

but after plugin the stuff into my snes (pal) and turning on the power nothing happened -> the screen stayed black Sad... could anyone help me find the error:

after turning on the power -> the light at the mgh is turning from red to orange, the diskdrive turns green and does the usual sound so it sounds healthy... i`ve tried all combinations of the 2 mgh with drive and adapters, all seems to work fine, except the screen on my tv stays black...

i also tried the mgh without power on the disk drive and recognized that the light on the mgh turns green except of orange when the drive got power...

is it possible, that i`ve got a ntsc mgh and need another powersuply / console? how can i find out if my mgh is ntsc or pal?

any suggestions how to solve this porblem? - im clueless Sad

thanx in advance
MottZilla

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you checked the power supply you are using against what the MGH wants. Be certain your power supply outputs the correct current (AC or DC) and is the coorect polarity (Center Negative or Positive).

Also another likely issue is the MGH and the system aren't making good contact. You may need to clean the connectors properly. That explains no menu, but the drive powers up.
romiso

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes the connectors could be the issue... the whole system was kind of dusty when i bought it... i`ll try this.. thanx...
madman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't remember much about MGH systems, but you may also try putting a PAL cart in the cart slot.
rcade

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You didn't mention whether you had a cart in the slot- the MGH requires a real SNES cart in the slot to use it for the security chip.
romiso

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks a lot guys -> sometimes the solution is that simple Very Happy ... i had a snes game that came with the package in the mgh while booting.. after your hint with the gamecart, i just tried another game for booting up the mgh and now it works like a charm ... i tried the game i bought with the mgh on the snes itself and guess what -> black screen Very Happy ...

so thanks again for the hint, i had it already banned to the basement Very Happy
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got my hands on one of those for cheap.
The seller said it was working before shipping but I'm getting issues.
The main issue is that the Floppy Drive does not get any reaction. If I plug a PSU, the red light on the MGH comes up but I get a black screen. If I don't plug the PSU, I get the menu but can't acces the Drive, no light, nothing.
I suspect some connection issues between both parts of the MGH but so far tests are inconclusive.

Before I can find time to dive into it, I'd have a few questions for you lucky owners:

- Does it actually need a power supply to access the Floppy Drive or it can draw 5V from the SNES as some other standalone copiers? Previous owner claims he did not need the 2nd PSU to load a game on SNES Rolling Eyes

- Does the Floppy Drive has a special configuration? DS0 or anything unusual? Mine has an ALPS which didn't seem to operate normally on another copier. A regular Floppy Drive swap didn't work either.

- Is the MD bottom adapter just straight through? I have the SNES grey one which has a CIC and some additional logic (Shocked Question Exclamation )

I must admit it's one of the weirdest copier design I have ever seen, and I have a few.
Oh and for the record it's the black one. A friend sold me a supercom pro 1 back in 91-92 to get a similar one so at least we're sure the Black edition was released before the Gray edition. But anyway I don't think the color has anything to do with the PLD/ASIC technology. Many copier manufacturers choose different colors for casing depending on batch productions.
kazmat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MGH FD drive setteing must be set ds0.

FD drive for pc is ds1 setting.
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kaz! Very Happy

Can you load a floppy disk without a power supply connected to the Mgh?

Do you know if the MD adapter has some PLD or special components, or just straight through?
rcade

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MD connector is straight, I think. At least there are no components in there.

You have to have a power supply to use the floppy drive.

I was able to replace with Gotek USB floppy emulator, and that works fine.

It is DS0, and has to be a drive that works on only 5V. Many floppy drives need the 12V which is not supplied in this copier.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: