ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Doctor v64 with HDD mod and CD-rom all in one

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
juiceanabolic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Doctor v64 with HDD mod and CD-rom all in one Reply with quote

Been working on a the HDD mod by ozone and remembering the dual HDD mod on the original xbox i figured id try to run both the CD-rom and HDD on the same IDE with a DPDT switch.
Seems my original bung CD-rom has packed up so ive ordered another to try but so far ive got a 40GB laptop IDE only of which 4gig is formated to fat32 and has all avaliable games on which are loading fine with Ozones hacked bios.

The roms where copied direct to the HDD through windows, the dv64 didnt wanted to list all roms on screen at first so i renamed all files n64001.v64 and up and up and this seemed to solve the problem.

If anyone interested or needs help with this mod, would like pics and what not let me know ill keep you updated and hope to finally get the cd-rom and hdd installed together
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps post a tutorial with pics?
Riko78

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tutorials and pics please?? Smile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any update on this? Is there a similar mod for CD64?
fishfash

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, does anybody have a copy of this mod please?

I found the V64_HDD_-_Working___28-1-08_OzOnE.zip file and the Feb 2008 version, however they both appear to be outdated versions. They don't contain the "HDD" text and blocks CD-ROM and parallel port functionality.

Thanks.
abveost

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also looking for the FAT enabled version of this BIOS mod.
yuks131

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:44 pm    Post subject: project update! Reply with quote

I couldnt find my log in details but started a new thread with a few pics:
http://www.tototek.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=18930#18930

i have th ebios files and can also copy the eeprom i have if any one needs them.
abveost

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did something similar but with a modified version of the custom file system bios. Still interested in taking a look at the newer bios if you have it.
yuks131

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im pretty sure my bios chip has the latest bios on it itll see if i can read it to a .bin file do you have an email address
abveost

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it can read a file then it's newer than the CFS version I'm working off.
You can email me at 9823764@ns.ptdt.com
yuks131

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im sending the zip file in an hour or so, read the .asm file, it states the updates, the latest being the bios now reads fat32 filesystem, i had it working before on an old IDE laptop drive doesnt seem to work with my cf adapter so im trying again this evening with an old IDE hdd. just execute the test.bat file itll create a TEST.BIN and write that to the eeprom. this version you can switch between CD and HDD with the skip buttons. hope this helps. do you have experience with programming i know nothing but would love to see this working better.
abveost

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Never had a problem with CF. That's what I'm using. I modified the version I could find and wrote an image builder for the file system. 6502 is my native language. I'd consider cleaning up the interface but it serves it's purpose.
yuks131

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the delay mate, i found the rar archive it has the test.bin eeprom already in it. i cant for the life of me get it to read my CF, can you give me th emodel number and a picture or yours if possible. I got it to read an old 3.5 IDE HDD after formating with fat32 and making it a logical drive with paragon suite. sending the file now sorry for the delay would be great if you can make this even better as seems to have restrictions with too many files and/or filenames ect.
abveost

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I'd pretty much given up on finding this after following dozens of dead links.
My CF is an 8G Sandisk. The CF adapter is just something I had laying around. I can take a picture when I open it up. Have you tried an older BIOS version with your CF? People seem to have problems with the FAT version. Do you get an error message or anything?
yuks131

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would be great if you had just a model umber or somthing. ive not tried it with the TOC bios as you need to format raw and use hex editor to copy the games i couldnt figure it out, im not really knowledgeable when it comes to things like that, i hope you found some use for the new bios though. maybe u could send me your mod of the bios with the program u used to transfer games?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: