ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quick question about the Flash Programmer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FistOfFury

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:19 am    Post subject: Quick question about the Flash Programmer Reply with quote

Hi, I have a quick question about the Flash Programmer portion of the kit...

From the product details page:
"Backup original cartridge"
That means that it allows you to make rom copies of the original SNES carts right? I.E. one of it's functions is to act as a cart/rom copier? Or can it only copy roms from your computer?

EDIT: I have another quesion. I'm learning homebrew SNES game coding, and I need one of these things, but I'm short on cash these days.....so, should I buy the kit that is being sold now, or should I wait for if a newer and better version comes out, because I been reading some posts and noticed that it has a few minor flaws (just random posts here and that suggestion topic that The Dumper made in product ideas). If a newer version is coming out, is there any ETA?
JohnDie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you can read out your original cartridges with the programmer. Just plug a normal cartridge into the programmer, switch it on, start the flasher software and dump the cartridge. However, the SuperFlash 2.34 software cannot dump cartridges containing special chips (except the DSP).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: