ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how do you upgrade ram exactly in GD7?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rippin snare

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 3:03 pm    Post subject: how do you upgrade ram exactly in GD7? Reply with quote

Hi there,
I just recieved my GD7 in the mail yesterday with additional blue DSP adaptor and an additional 64M chip of ram. I am sure the blue DSP adaptor swaps with the gray coloured adapter that comes with the unit to be inserted into the snes (can someone verify this as I don't see where else it can go). Now for the ram. I found a little slot on the bottom which I opened and figured it is to fit the additional ram. Now. The GD7 was suppose to come with 32M of ram so adding this 64 would bring me 96. I would like 128 and was told to achieve this you pull out the 32M that comes with it and put in 2 X 64. Makes sense.. BUT.. where is the original 32M chip being stored in the unit? Do I have to open the unit right up and it's buried inside? Under the compartment on the bottom of the unit was NO ram upon purchase and it looks like you can only fit in one additional chip which was where I put in the 64M I purchased. I am wondeirng how/where I can add in another 64M chip to be sure I have 128M of memory.

sorry if this is a noob question but hope someone can help. Thanks
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the original 32m chip is taken out of the system (store safely in anti-static bag.) Just swap the internal 32 (yup its on the inside, you'll have to disassemble the SF7) with a 64 and fill the expansion slot with a 64... 128 voila.
rippin snare

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah ok matey. sounds good. I put the one I ordered on the side (64M) in the expansion slot and will now open the unit to take out the internal 32M to put in an additional 64M. Thanks for your response matey. Much appreciated. Now I am understanding this a bit more. I was wondering where the hell that other chip was as no other slots seemed available on the outside.

time to get out the trust screwdriver.

take care.
rippin snare

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok this is really strange. I just opened up the GD7... there were two internal ram expansion slots named 1st 64M ram expansion and 2nd 64M ram expansion as well as the external slot. What is this all about? Can you actually have 3!!! Ram expansions in this unit? I really hope someone can sort me out so I know exactly where to and how much ram this badboi can take.
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seriously can only take 128m
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: