ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help Nintendo CD64+ - no image on tv screen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lnfoss

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject: Need help Nintendo CD64+ - no image on tv screen Reply with quote

Hello

I will need your help regarding my CD64+ that I didn't use since a while. At this time it was working perfectly

Today I meet an issue. When I connect the CD64+ to the N64 nothing appear on the TV screen - like no signal, I dont see the user interface - however I can open and close the CD drive and the CD-ROM inside seems to load. When I remove the CD64, the N64 is running well, I can play gales from original cartdridge.

What do I need to check on the CD64+ in order to have it up and running again?

Thank you
BimboBoop

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not an expert but I have 2 of those and I know very well The CD64 Plus have overheating issues that can cause many kind of problems, cause some kind of desing error; so maybe if I share whit you my experience it could give you some ideas.

When I first bought my 2 CD64 Plus I just haved 1 AC adapter and of course I used it to power the consoles, but just a few days later one of my Both Cd 64 plus copiers stopped loading games. Actually the games can be loaded , but they will not run, I just haved a black screen after loading.

SO the first I did was stop using just the AC adapter alone, and both copiers. I searched everywhere for info and I finally found some kind of message explaning about a small modification cutting a line at the board apparently for overheating issues. (I dont remember where I found it but I can search for it in my HDDs if you need it) .

I realized my both CD 64 plus already haved that line cutted, so I figured the solution must need something else. So since the ac adapter apparently cant handle powering both (the CD 64 board and the CD-ROM) alone, I decided to try powering each one with their own ac adapter. I disconnected the CD-ROM from the board, then I used and AC adapter for the CD-ROM (one of those included on those old sets for use IDE HDDs or CD ROMs whit USB, you will even found the CD64 Plus case have some small holes where the IDE power cables can be placed) and then I plugged the regular CD64 AC adapter and that will only power the board. It worked Great Until now!

Finally The second Cd Plus, the one stopped loading games, still needs a way to fix it. SO since I realized it was overheating issues, I figured my first option could be checking the capacitors. Because this is all about overheating issues, some of them could stopped working or maybe got unsolded cause the heat. And I ended founding some capacitors just a little unsolded. I tried solding them again, It worked just by some hours and then the problem returned. So I Just replaced them and since that day my second Cd64 Plus worked like a charm too.

I hope this can help you. Just begun with the cheapest , change capacitors, and stop using the AC adapter alone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: