ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Differences between Game Doctor SFVI and SF7?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LilJoe

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:10 am    Post subject: Differences between Game Doctor SFVI and SF7? Reply with quote

Hello, quick question. Are there any real difference between Bung's Game Doctor SFVI and SF7 boards? Or are they the same just different bioses?

Thanks in advance for any reply.
MottZilla

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not 100% sure, but there may be some difference. The SF7 might support more memory than the SF6. But I cannot be sure. There also may be some difference with the Parallel Port and support for the CD-ROM drives. Maybe someone else might be able to tell you for sure.
Trenton_net

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the only major difference is the level of copy protection detection/bypass as far as I can remember. There might be other smaller differences, but those changes would likely be small and trivial (non obvious to the user)?
MottZilla

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that copy protection support was improved after the GD SF3 but I thought the GDSF6 was about the same as the GDSF7. I never had one (GDSF6) but I am pretty sure the GDSF7 supports both SRAM Size and ROM Mirroring Protections.

If someone has a SF6 they could test Mega Man X for copy protection support, just be sure to have a clean ROM. It uses ROM Mirroring as protection which no other copier does properly and if it's wrong after playing through about one level you'll start having noticeable problems. For SRAM protection there are probably a dozen or more games that demonstrate that. Super Mario All-stars, Super Metroid, Donkey Kong Country, and Killer Instinct to name a few. Mega Man X and Demon's Crest are the only two I'm aware of that exploited ROM mirroring as protection. Demon's Crest is less obvious and takes longer to encounter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: