ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Possible to jumper a Doctor SF6 to Professor SF?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ndiddy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:19 am    Post subject: Possible to jumper a Doctor SF6 to Professor SF? Reply with quote

It's "common knowledge" that you can jumper a Doctor SF7 to a Professor SF2, but I have a Doctor SF6. Does the "bridge J3 on the PCB" trick also work there?
Strike

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you can switch it to Professor SF mode by doing that. I did it with one of my SF6s.
Trenton_net

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this is a silly question, but is there a difference? I mean other than the menu screen graphics (I assume)?
Strike

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only one other difference: It'll boot into English by default even if it loses power. Since it takes only a few seconds to set that, it's a real minor thing.
ndiddy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, I set the jumper and it does work.

Strike wrote:
Only one other difference: It'll boot into English by default even if it loses power. Since it takes only a few seconds to set that, it's a real minor thing.

That's actually why I wanted to do it- the copier won't run DSP games or games with special chips through the cart slot, so I have to unplug it for those, and having to reset the language every time got pretty annoying.
Strike

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to be of help. The SF6/7 units don't require an unplug when you take them out and replace passthrough, but it's probably a little safer and it is nice to have one in SF state, especially if you have a few.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: