ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone have an actual Game Professor SF2?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Strike

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Anyone have an actual Game Professor SF2? Reply with quote

I'm not talking about jumpered SF7s, I mean the actual production model SF2 with the unique sticker. Do any of you own one? Exactly how rare are they?
RGB_Gamer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you talking about a game doctor 2? I have one of those. I have only seen 2 in my life - one back in high school (around 1994) when I played NBA Jam with friends, and one I aquired back around 2007 from a guy on craigslist.
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No he's talking about the Professor SF II which is the GDSF 7 model distributed in the US.

I don't think they're rare. GDSFIII, VI and VII have been distributed widely around the world. As many copiers, the names were different to follow a marketing strategy depending on the region.
Mostly Professor SF series for the US and Game Doctor or Game Partner for Asian markets.

I've seen quite a couple of stickers and bios for these devices.
Strike

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's the one. They may not be rare, but finding one for sale has been very tricky... Been looking for ~5 years and still can't find one outside old forum sales, if anyone has a spare to sell, please let me know! (I'll take a factory sticker, if you see those loose)

I'm also looking for one of those translucent blue SFVIs.

Strike

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updating only because it's amusing:

I bought the very same SFII (+that SNES) from that picture years later (That homemade PSU was a dangerous piece of shit!). That SNES was also a particularly bad specimen; slowest SNES I'd ever seen... Bad FPS in nearly all titles, but especially with Cx4 games.

Also acquired both the translucent 6 and 7 copiers in that period.
Trenton_net

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you found what you were looking for. Smile
Strike

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, man! Me too. A lot of this stuff is hard to find these days... Even the "common" variants.

As far as Bung products go, I'm still missing the "green label" SF6. It's extraordinarily rare and I don't even have a picture that I can find. Have seen it, but probably won't ever again; image or otherwise.

I'm also missing the Professor SFI: The SF6 with American label and jumper (unlike the uncommon SFII, the SFI is very, very rare). My friend has it but is missing the translucents, and currently, we consider our collections combined as one. We both want the whole lot independently... A practically impossible task. He's also missing the "green label".

Any leads/sources to the translucents, SFI, or that mythical SF6 would be greatly appreciated by both of us.
ndiddy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strike wrote:
As far as Bung products go, I'm still missing the "green label" SF6. It's extraordinarily rare and I don't even have a picture that I can find. Have seen it, but probably won't ever again; image or otherwise.
Any leads/sources to the translucents, SFI, or that mythical SF6 would be greatly appreciated by both of us.

Here's a green one, you'd have to buy it from a Taobao agent or something if you're in the US though. No idea why you'd want to "collect" all those old copiers in this day and age (I only got one because parallel transfer is less of a pain for homebrew development than unplugging/replugging an SD card from an Everdrive each time you want to test), but whatever. https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?ft=t&spm=a21m2.8958473.0.0.776d7822UjwoIr&id=528357292695
Strike

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ndiddy wrote:
Strike wrote:

Here's a green one, you'd have to buy it from a Taobao agent or something if you're in the US though. No idea why you'd want to "collect" all those old copiers in this day and age (I only got one because parallel transfer is less of a pain for homebrew development than unplugging/replugging an SD card from an Everdrive each time you want to test), but whatever. https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?ft=t&spm=a21m2.8958473.0.0.776d7822UjwoIr&id=528357292695

Yeah I found that listing a few days before your message and incidentally, my friend bought a green label from someone else just a day prior. I tried using taobao's own international routing, but that seller had the option disabled for the item. I had given up but just took your advice and used an agent for a small fee.

If I was going to get any modern flash cart, it'd be the SD2SNES, especially after the recent update. Then again, I own most of the chipped games and have little practical need for one.

Everdrives? Hell naw. They can't do anything SF7s can't do, aside from modern storage (which is of little importance to me; have a floppy emulator in one SF7 anyway), and they cannot write/back up BRAM to and from carts, which is still a very relevant/important function.

I collect copiers for several reasons: I have heavy nostalgia for 90's tech, it reminds me of my youth, I enjoy using them, my friend and I think obscure variants of already obscure hardware are intriguing, and they're a fascinating part of history that isn't well documented. Our collections are in essence a catalog.

Last words... Floppies are zen; floppies are life. I enjoyed using them in my childhood, and I still do now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: