ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PCI Parallel help?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steocullen91

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject: PCI Parallel help? Reply with quote

Hi. The only parallel port I currently have access to is a PCI CH351Q and I can't get it to read either my md pro or super flash. I tried to use ucon which gives me a message saying super flash flash cart not found when I type in the command. I even tried to use xp on a z97-a with the pci card and it still won't pick up the cart. There's not many xp drivers for the motherboard but it should be working as long as I have the parallel card installed. I tried manually changing the port address to D000 as that's what device manager says but it just keeps saying no flash cart. I can't even try change it to EPP as the program for doing so seems t report that it can't find the pci card. Not sure what to do here I basically can't flash the carts any more and don't want to have to buy an ancient pc just to do so.

The last thing I can think of is to try get a parallel pci db25 that plugs into the lpt header on my h61 motherboard and just hope that it works.
MottZilla

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I do is use an older Laptop running Windows 98 for Parallel Port devices. Adding the Parallel Port to your motherboard is not a bad idea. Some people have success with that. Definitely don't use any adapters that use USB.
Mario64

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An old school desktop also works. I got an IBM Netvista for $15 and it works perfectly.
dbjh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See the answer to question 53 of the uCON64 FAQ:
Q53: I am trying to use a PCIe parallel port card, but while uCON64 can communicate with an older backup unit like my Super Wild Card it cannot communicate with my MD-PRO, which requires EPP. Can this be solved?
A: First make sure EPP is enabled for your PCIe parallel port card. Try different settings for the parallel port in the BIOS, UEFI or configuration software. "ECP and EPP 1.9" should give the best results. This may already solve the problem.
If the above did not solve the problem and you are using ppdev on GNU/Linux then it looks like your PCIe parallel port card is not fully supported by the version of GNU/Linux you are using. The problem could be caused by your PCIe parallel port card requiring to enable EPP through the ECP Extended Control register while that register is mapped to a non-standard offset relative to the Data register. Fortunately, starting with uCON64 2.1.0 this problem can be solved for all supported platforms on which the parallel port can be accessed directly. So, GNU/Linux, all Windows versions (including Windows 10), MS-DOS, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD and BeOS. First determine the offset of the ECP Extended Control register relative to the Data register.
On GNU/Linux use lspci -v to find out what I/O ports are being used by your PCIe parallel port card. On Windows you can use Device Manager. You should see two I/O ranges. One of them should start with the I/O port you specified when communicating with your Super Wild Card. That is the I/O address of the Data register. The other starts with the I/O port of the first ECP configuration register. Add 2 to get the I/O address of the ECP Extended Control register. To get the offset subtract the I/O address of the Data register from the I/O address of the ECP Extended Control register, in that order.
Find the line starting with ecr_offset= in the configuration file and update it with the value you just calculated.
Another way to determine which of the two I/O ranges is the ECP range is by looking at the size. The ECP range is likely 4 bytes, while the other is 8 bytes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: