ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some report about Classic Joypad Converter For 3DO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Hardware Converter things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hood

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:32 am    Post subject: Some report about Classic Joypad Converter For 3DO Reply with quote

some time back i have bought from you a subj and it's don't working for me on my FZ-10 NTSC console. and several days ago i buy FZ-10 PAL console (for my collections) and it's miracle - it's working fine! i just would like to thank Tototek.com for your job. and some questions about subj:

- it is a single instance and on other NTSC console converter will working fine?
- whether it will work on other consoles (FZ-1, Gold Star, Sanyo)?
- somebody faced a similar problem?
hood

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've checked up 3DO Converter working capacity on Sanyo NTSC console and with the responsibility i declare: it doesn't work correctly on NTSC consoles at all. it's very a pity. Crying or Very sad
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange, I tested it on FZ-1 and FZ-10 NTSC console.
hood

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so it has not carried to me and may it be spoilage?
tak

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://mootan.hg.to/umj/fx_zan.html

maybe a solution?
hood

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont' speak nor read on japanese =(
Enio Marconcini

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: . Reply with quote

Hello, this is my first post here in this form,
I´m brazillian, and I looking for some information about PSX gamepad converter for use in my 3DO console (R.E.A.L. FZ-1 and FZ-10)

best regards!

hood

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: . Reply with quote

Enio Marconcini wrote:
I looking for some information about PSX gamepad converter for use in my 3DO console (R.E.A.L. FZ-1 and FZ-10)

the best way to do it locate there, but it's in russian.
Enio Marconcini

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: . Reply with quote

someone have some information how to build a converter like this ?
tripletopper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:49 am    Post subject: If you're going to redesign the PS2->3DO adapter anyway.. Reply with quote

1) add a daisy chain port, so that you can have more than one of these adapters. Not be forced to be the last player, or only player, or only player with such a device.

2) This also applies to the Genesis and Saturn Joystick converter: I noticed your arrangement is meant for the default pad on a PS2. I believe a more lucrative market is making it with fight sticks in mind.

L * R
A B C

*= (X or P, depending on which allows every game to work game)

Currently using a traditional 8 button PS2 left handed stick (buttons right), the arrangement is currently mapped out to
A * * *
B C R L

Not every game has a button remapping feature. Having an A/B switch to accommodate both a joypad and a fighting/arcade joystick would be worth adding. They are electronically the same thing. If you're going to spend $200+ on a custom hand crafted joystick. It would make a cheap and portable way to carry multiple systems is using ToTotek adpaters for systems before the PS2, and other adapters for systems after. (not that Totoek is prevented from making PS2-> newer machine adapters.)

By the way if you want to see my adventures about my right handed stick (buttons left) working, in the next couple days, I'll add to [url]56ok.org/Ambidextrous[/url][/url]
tripletopper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:23 am    Post subject: 3DO suggestions Reply with quote

2 problems:

1) would it work with a Goldstar 3DO?

2) The one thing it can't be is player 1 on a 2-or-more-player set up (or any player other than last, and forget trying to use 2 tototeks together)

I've been sending emails to Tomy about doing 7800, Colecovision, Intellivision 2, Vectrex, Bally Astrocade, Pluggable Odyssey 2, and 2600 Booster Grip. If you're going to fix the 3DO version anyway, might as well merge it with the Genesis, and add all these other systems, because you need one male and female DB9 for 3DO, and you need one Male and Female DB9 for Colecovision, Intellivision to add a keypad from an original controller.

And while we're add it, people are asking for custom setups. Luckily, because all tototek adapters use PS1/2 as the "base controller to translate from", maybe a PS2->PS2 converter which can custom programing of the controller would let you map any button to any single-button button. And you can add extra things that things would be considered "cheat features" by Twin Galaxies and Fighting Game tournaments, among others. Therefore there should be mini-colored light bulbs which light up if that particular features is considered Tournament legal. (joystick/button Macros, rapid fire, combo buttons, multiple buttons for one function, and simultaneous opposite cardinals, etc.)

Then you can make simpler adapters for the other systems, and let the PS2-> PS2 device be used asa base device for all converters, as well as a PS2/1 directly.

I know the technology exists, an Interact Dreamcast Alloy Stick and an Interact PS2 Shadow Blade have button programming built in.

Finally, what about US NES, N64, and Atari Jaguar, Atari 5200, and CD-i?
tripletopper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:25 am    Post subject: 3DO suggestions Reply with quote

2 problems:

1) would it work with a Goldstar 3DO?

2) The one thing it can't be is player 1 on a 2-or-more-player set up (or any player other than last, and forget trying to use 2 tototeks together)

I've been sending emails to Tomy about doing 7800, Colecovision, Intellivision 2, Vectrex, Bally Astrocade, Pluggable Odyssey 2, and 2600 Booster Grip. If you're going to fix the 3DO version anyway, might as well merge it with the Genesis, and add all these other systems, because you need one male and female DB9 for 3DO, and you need one Male and Female DB9 for Colecovision, Intellivision to add a keypad from an original controller.

And while we're add it, people are asking for custom setups. Luckily, because all tototek adapters use PS1/2 as the "base controller to translate from", maybe a PS2->PS2 converter which can custom programing of the controller would let you map any button to any single-button button. And you can add extra things that things would be considered "cheat features" by Twin Galaxies and Fighting Game tournaments, among others. Therefore there should be mini-colored light bulbs which light up if that particular features is considered Tournament legal. (joystick/button Macros, rapid fire, combo buttons, multiple buttons for one function, and simultaneous opposite cardinals, etc.)

Then you can make simpler adapters for the other systems, and let the PS2-> PS2 device be used asa base device for all converters, as well as a PS2/1 directly.

I know the technology exists, an Interact Dreamcast Alloy Stick and an Interact PS2 Shadow Blade have button programming built in.

Finally, what about US NES, N64, and Atari Jaguar, Atari 5200, and CD-i?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Hardware Converter things All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: