ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions about Double Pro Fighter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ackman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:24 pm    Post subject: Questions about Double Pro Fighter Reply with quote

Hi, I have some questions about my copier maybe somebody can answer:

1. When I save progress during a game (not using the Realtime Save functionality from DPF) and go back to continue the game some other day after powering off the SuperNes without unplugging the ac adaptors, the saved progress is gone. Is this normal or maybe some component is faulty? TRAM and SRAM values are ok.

2. I’m gonna upgrade the memory from 24 to 32 Mb. I see a white layer over the tracks where the memory chips will be soldered. Should I scrape those white layers with a cutter/knife before soldering?

3. Can the DPF run Master System games? I tried to convert the roms using ucon, but it doesn’t work. I saw a topic about this in the forum and tried to follow the same procedure but it didn’t work either.

Thanks in advance. Please excuse my ignorace Rolling Eyes
MottZilla

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. After saving in the game you need to turn the power to the console off and then back on relatively quickly so you return to the DPF menu and then you need to save your game data to a disk. I don't believe the DPF is designed to retain save data while the console is off. There is no battery inside and I'm not sure that the DC power connected to it is going to power and retain the memory your save data is inside. So again just after saving you should turn your system's power off and then back on. You don't need to be super quick, just flip it off and then back on in a second or two and you should be fine.

2. No. That white layer shouldn't interfere with anything as it's also under the chips already soldered to the memory module. The actual metal points you need to solder additional chips to should be exposed and you should be able to solder to them. If you are unsure you should take a high quality picture and upload and link to it.

3. Generally no. I'm not going to say it's impossible but it's not a normal feature.
ackman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MottZilla wrote:
1. After saving in the game you need to turn the power to the console off and then back on relatively quickly so you return to the DPF menu and then you need to save your game data to a disk. I don't believe the DPF is designed to retain save data while the console is off. There is no battery inside and I'm not sure that the DC power connected to it is going to power and retain the memory your save data is inside. So again just after saving you should turn your system's power off and then back on. You don't need to be super quick, just flip it off and then back on in a second or two and you should be fine.

2. No. That white layer shouldn't interfere with anything as it's also under the chips already soldered to the memory module. The actual metal points you need to solder additional chips to should be exposed and you should be able to solder to them. If you are unsure you should take a high quality picture and upload and link to it.

3. Generally no. I'm not going to say it's impossible but it's not a normal feature.

Thank you for your answer.

Any trick to solder IC chips whose legs are curled underneath?

I just got today Super Mario Kart. The DPF detects the cart’s DSP chip and the cart runs ok on the copier, but I tried to run a backup of Pilotwings and the game works but the DSP is not kicking in. Is this supposed to work or not? I noticed the copier’s DSP label says “DSP: Off” when Super Mario Kart in inserted.

Thanks in advance

Edit: tried Super Mario Kart itself and some other games (Ballz, Final Stretch) and they work. Pilotwings must have a different DSP version
borgdude

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ackman wrote:
MottZilla wrote:

I just got today Super Mario Kart. The DPF detects the cart’s DSP chip and the cart runs ok on the copier, but I tried to run a backup of Pilotwings and the game works but the DSP is not kicking in. Is this supposed to work or not? I noticed the copier’s DSP label says “DSP: Off” when Super Mario Kart in inserted.

Thanks in advance

Edit: tried Super Mario Kart itself and some other games (Ballz, Final Stretch) and they work. Pilotwings must have a different DSP version

Pilotwings needs a patch.

To use the patch you have to convert the rom to .swc. After patching the rom you can convert it back to the format the DPF takes.

pilotcrk.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  pilotcrk.zip
 Filesize:  1.39 KB
 Downloaded:  170 Time(s)

ackman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

borgdude wrote:
ackman wrote:
MottZilla wrote:

Thanks in advance

To use the patch you have to convert the rom to .swc. After patching the rom you can convert it back to the format the DPF takes.

I already got the patch from here https://dbwbp.com/images/SWCDX2FAQ/files/pilotcrk.zip

Tried to do the same as you said but it doesn’t work. Screen goes black when the DSP is supposed to kick in. Same result with patched SWC file or a converted DPF file after patching :/
borgdude

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ackman wrote:
borgdude wrote:
ackman wrote:
MottZilla wrote:

Thanks in advance

I already got the patch from here https://dbwbp.com/images/SWCDX2FAQ/files/pilotcrk.zip

Tried to do the same as you said but it doesn’t work. Screen goes black when the DSP is supposed to kick in. Same result with patched SWC file or a converted DPF file after patching :/

Well then I would try some of the alternate roms in GoodSNES and see if one of them works.

ackman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MottZilla wrote:

Here are a couple of pictures of the RAM board

https://ibb.co/VD2p9ST
https://ibb.co/bsMhVgc

Regards
ackman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

borgdude wrote:
ackman wrote:
borgdude wrote:
ackman wrote:
MottZilla wrote:

Thanks in advance

Well then I would try some of the alternate roms in GoodSNES and see if one of them works.

Meh, I tried all the roms in GoodSnes and got nothing :/
Anybody with a DPF is willing to try?

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: