ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Super Magic Drive EPLD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thunderbird98

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:20 pm    Post subject: Super Magic Drive EPLD Reply with quote

Hello everyone
My friend and I are attempting to make a super magic drive clone from the schematics on Kaneda's website. Before we start, we need to have the source from the EPLD, as it appears that one has not been dumped yet. If anyone has a SMD and is able to dump the EPLD source, we would greatly appreciate it!
Thanks
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An EPLD can not be dumped, it needs to be reverse engineered by analyzing its logic patterns monitoring its I/O.
It's tedious enough with a PEEL, so good luck with an EPLD.
But if you and your friend have the skills to do it, you're probably better off recreating the logic entirely.
Thunderbird98

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright
I probably cant do that though, but thanks for the info
I wonder if there are any other copiers that could be easily cloned
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The easiest one that come to my mind would be the first generation Super Pro Fighter and Super Pro Fighter Q. These use PAL and GAL, no CPLD. First you would need to get your hands on one.
Then you would need a Logic Analyzer and a good understanding of what the device is trying to achieve.

You might wanna ask on Arcade forums as they follow pretty much the same process to dump arcade boards from the 90's which also use lots of PAL and CPLD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: