ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SNES Game Doctor SF7 RAM issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> SNES Software/Hardware Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Immortal_no1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:39 pm    Post subject: SNES Game Doctor SF7 RAM issue Reply with quote

Hi, I just recently upgraded the RAM in my GD SF7.

Upon putting it all back together and starting it up and running a self test, it shows RAM1 00M OK and RAM1 00M OK.

The letters A, B, C, D that appear at the bottom of the screen also aren't there.

Can anyone point me in a possible direction to take?

I've tried replacing the RAM with another and that's no difference.
I've checked polarity, voltage and ampage for the power supply and its all okay.
I've replaced the voltage regulator and the 10v 1000uf resistor nest to the power supply.

Any help is welcome.
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say "upgraded" it means you had 16M or 32M working previously and now nothing is working whatever you try?
Immortal_no1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for any confusion, yes, i upgraded it by adding an extra 64Mb expansion card to the "2rd 64M Ram Card" labelled slot. They mislabelled it 2rd.

I have it working now, it looks like the board flexed while i was putting the expansion card into the GDSF7 so some of the pins on the "GDSF 701" CPU had lost contact probably due to old age and board warping and i just pushed it over the edge. I reflowed the pins from 160 - 121 and 81 to 120. This solved the problem.

I had another issue which i resolved in the meantime, there was horizontal static moving from the bottom of the screen slowly towards the top of the screen, seems that the power supply wasn't that good and was causing interference. Once I replaced that it's looking much better.

There is still some bluryness on the SNES but i put that down to it being an a 2 Chip model.

As for the RAM i have 1 x 32Mb card in the First Ram slot and 1 x 64Mb card in the Second slot. I wanted to add a couple more chips to the 32Mb card to boost it to 64Mb, not that it's truly necessary, just something fun to do.
Mystic_Merlin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, glad you solved the issue. Indeed more than 96MB is not necessary as the only working rom of that size is the uncompressed hack Neviksti did for Star Ocean.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> SNES Software/Hardware Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: