ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Super Wildcard SMS3201 - v2.6CC BIOS file required

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
solarmon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:29 pm    Post subject: Super Wildcard SMS3201 - v2.6CC BIOS file required Reply with quote

Hi,

I have acquired a Super Wildcard SMS3201 (Super Magicom Plus on the board) that I am trying to resurrect.

There is a suspicion about the EPROM chip - it was installed in reverse when I got it, and I did not know better and powered it up - it got hot and the EPROM window lit up.

I was able to dump the image, and I can see that it references v2.6CC.

I would like to get a v2.6CC BIOS dump file that I can compare against to see whether the EPROM is good or bad.

I'm aware that there is a v2.8CC BIOS, and I have the file for it that I will eventually make use of. For now I'd like to compare my v2.6CC dump with a known good image.

Thank you!
NorQue

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attached is a dump of my 2.6CC BIOS.

CRC32: b5875ac1
SHA1: 051396e8d5b30d3aed765170c6146df957fcc886

SWC26CC.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  SWC26CC.zip
 Filesize:  9.39 KB
 Downloaded:  97 Time(s)

solarmon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@NorQue

Thank you for your BIOS dump.

My dump is different, in terms of certain ending/starting characters (?) - it seems where yours has 00, on mine it has FF

Anyways, the BIOS EPROM chip had been put in reversed when I got the unit, and the chip got hot and the EPROM window lit up. Looking at the EPROM chip under a microscope I can see that one of the pin leg wires has failed and broken like a fuse wire. I was still able to get a dump of the EPROM, but it is probably not functioning correctly.

I will need to get a new EPROM to burn a new BIOS - probably v2.8CC.

Thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: