ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game Doctor CD not loading games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keyell

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 6:10 pm    Post subject: Game Doctor CD not loading games Reply with quote

Recently I acquired a GD7 with CD unit. After making a custom power cable I wanted to run the CD unit to verify the operation. The seller included a CD with it. According to mastering date the CD was authored in 2016.

The GD7 detects the CD drive. However when I tell the GD7 to load a file it hangs. There isnt even a percentage for loading any files.

With this being said Im suspecting either the files on the CD are in an incorrect format for the CD drive or the drive is faulty.

Can someone better guide me as to making a proper CD that can load a game from a CD? I have good burners and CDs on standby.

Otherwise I am also considering copycatting the PCB inside to something more sane and doesnt require cannibalizing an S-video cable. However I want to verify mine first before taking that plunge.
mrforever

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have the ISOs of some CDs for game doctor 7, if I remember over the weekend I'll share them here.
Keyell

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the files from the verbatim brand disc that was in the cd drive.

Then I burned the cd again on a CMC pro disc with plexor drive and the disc worked.

Now I can begin copying the PCB inside the GD7 disc drive.
mrforever

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD MATE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Copiers and Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: