ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bios Update Pro Fighter X Turbo (Snes Backup unit)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DjoeN

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Bios Update Pro Fighter X Turbo (Snes Backup unit) Reply with quote

Hoi,

After messing around with my "Pro Fighter X Turbo" i was wondering if there was a way to update the bios ?

It reads floppy's incorrect that work correct on my "Pro Fighter X".

When reading the floppy it gives incorrect names (and when trying to load it says game not found).

Floppy drive is changed to a new Mitsumi. i tryed the floppy in the "Pro Fighter X" and it works perfect, so it isn't the floppy drive

ThX

Any info welcome

DjoeN

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: Tomy, is this LPT add-on for Pro fighter X RTurbo also ? Reply with quote

COOL
I noticed New LPT Connection for Pro Fighter Serie

Hoi Tomy

I own a "Pro Fighter X Turbo II 3 in 1" Bios "V.G3" but somhow the bios got fucked up, (i think)
When doing an internal test all is OK, but like i said the Pro Fighters read the game name out of the rom and display it when loading, here i get unreadable characters as internal game name.

Also WILL you be doing a 64MB Upgrade Board for those "Pro Fighter Series" ?), i would love to upgrade my Pro Fighter X Turbo to 64mb
Same for a Spare Cable from Floppy drive to mobo if that would sove my problem.

http://users.skynet.be/DuNe/copiers/spfxt/spfxt.html

is my Pro Fighter X Turbo when it still used to work.

Another Question.

Wil you bring out a GameBoy/Game-Gear kit to, as my Pro Fighter X Turbo has a " Super Smart Card " slot and i would find it a waste if not used Very Happy, SSC cards are VERY hard to find and extreme raren i used to have one, but, as stupid as i was then, i did it away when i got a GBX-Changer.

I like to find/have this one back, or only the flashcard (cause this one can do GameBoy/Game-Gear):
http://www.robwebb.clara.co.uk/backup/ccl/cclgbsc.html

This is the Pro Fighter Add-On one, Only GB
http://www.robwebb.clara.co.uk/backup/ccl/cclpfsc.html

my Pro Fighter X Turbo II HAS the GB slot on the side Smile

Note: Backing up a snes cartridge works perfect, just running does not work

kyuusaku

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your unit could be localized, it may not like disks formatted by another machine. Maybe your games are not in the correct format? Over the years CCL switched headers a few times. Try a running SMC, SWC and FIG dumps.

PS: making a Smart Card isn't a very easy task, I think I can safely say it wouldn't be worth it to produce just one for you ;) Just buy a GG-Pro, the Smart Card is horrible at both GB and GG.
DjoeN

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyuusaku wrote:
Your unit could be localized, it may not like disks formatted by another machine. Maybe your games are not in the correct format? Over the years CCL switched headers a few times. Try a running SMC, SWC and FIG dumps.

I tried, SWC/FIG/SMC i tried brand new flops formatted with the Pro Fighter X Turbo (used Ucon64), never had before problems with disks written by other copiers/pc, What do you mean with localized ?

kyuusaku wrote:
PS: making a Smart Card isn't a very easy task, I think I can safely say it wouldn't be worth it to produce just one for you Wink Just buy a GG-Pro, the Smart Card is horrible at both GB and GG.

I know Smile i already own a GG-Pro, but i like to have things complete Wink

Also how does transffer with lpt add-on work ?
I own a real CCL lpt add-on that you suppose to plug in the gamecartslot, but when powering up the snes it gives a black screen, does the original also need a gamecart, and how, cause there is no option to put in a gamecart, configured ucon correct "ucon64 --xfig --port=378 gamename" but nothing happens, same cable i use to program my V64Jr 512

kyuusaku

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want things complete, you should track down an original Smart Card then, not buy a functional clone.

Localized, meaning it's made for Chinese use only. Many local units as opposed to export units have issues around formatting and file formats as an attempt to keep propriety.

So can the PFXT backup games and run them correctly? You made it seem like it just wouldn't work with disks for the PFX.

You have an original Pro Fighter parallel adapter? If you insert it in the proper direction, you shouldn't get a black screen, perhaps your parallel card is damaged. Theres no way to insert a game cart while the parallel adapter is in place so I'm not sure what you mean, so no it doesn't need an original cart ;)
DjoeN

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wel, when i backup games with the pro fighter x, those work in the pfx perfect.

When i backup games with the pro fighter x turbo II (3 in 1) unit, those work perfect in the pfx.

The pfxt does read all the disks made with pfx and and his own backupped games, but after loading it gives a black screen.

When you load a backup from floppy the pfx/pfxt will give you the internal game name, the pfx shows it correct, the pfxt gives just garbage or letters in random order with &" etc... sometimes in, or this way famfamfam instead of adams family 2, this happens with fresh own mad backups and with converted roms to pfx format (.fig)

The PFX/PFXT can read swc/fig/smc format converting between them does not help. I tried latest ucon64 and snestool 1.2

Disks where formatted in pfx/pfxt and also tried dos formatting on pc.

Because of the garbage and messy names it shows i was thinking bad ram, but the selftest shows all 100% ok, i replaced the pfxt ram with the ram of the pfx, same problem so it isn't the memory, i noticed the pfxt has no internal battery as the pfx has. (or it does look way different then the batt. used in most copiers)

i changed the cable to ther floppydrive, changed the floppydrive, still the same problem.

Anyway i ordered the lpt add-on from tototek with bios 2.02 (mine is g.v3) and hope this will solve my problem.

Anyway i hope it gets solved or somebody can give me the solution.

1 final note:

the pfxt eeprom bios chip was not covered with black tape like the eeprom in the pfx, as far as i know this needs to be covered, cause if you keep it under UV it gets erased, but then again, my pfxt schould not boot @ all.

Everything works perfect, just running games from floppy, i can backup snes/gb carts to floppy and can format floppy's and save savestates to floppy.

kyuusaku

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EPROM don't NEED to be covered, probably the last reason why copier BIOS are covered is for safety. It takes about 1 week in direct sunlight (outdoors) to begin the erasure. I *REALLY* don't think your BIOS is damaged.

It's been a while but IIRC the battery in the PFXT looks like a capacitor, thats why you didn't notice it. If I'm wrong about that, it must be powered by the power supply with the "UDR" feature.

If you're sure the memory is OK, it sounds like you have a damaged PLD, these can't be replaced because only CCL has the code for them, they cannot be read/copied without reverse engineering and that's not a simple feat because PFXT is pretty heavy logic-wise. Probably you'll need to get another unit unless you can get someone to diagnose the problem.

PS: The "self test" (it's not called that) does not actually test the RAM, it just attempts to calculate the total amount and I can recall many times that the software even fails at that.
DjoeN

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx

That explains alot.

Damned, if it is broke, i think i'll go for a Doctor SF7 unit with 64mb, i liked to have a SWC DX2 64mb but i looked around and it seems nobody has one on sale for a good price or new

man i hate when things break :/

kyuusaku

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you only have one broken copier you're far better off than me. I have around 10.
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DjoeN,

Because of garbage and messy name, I also think is bad ram or internal hardware problem. I can send you a special version uCON64. That can send game from pc and read it back for verify. If ram bad, it will show error. Then you can test it with pro fighter parallel adaptor.
You say you have original pro fighter parallel adaptor but it is damaged ? You can ship it to me, I'm sure can repair. (for free and free shipping to ship back to you). Because I can not find it anywhere. I like to see original things. Very Happy
rbudrick

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: d Reply with quote

Wow, Djoen! That's sounds like a killer deal to me! Letting Tomy look at older electronics for possible later replication in the future (if ever a need arises) is never a bad thing either. Smile

-Rob
DjoeN

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomy,

No problem,

i send you the original lpt adaptor so you can have a look @ it
mail me the details(shipping adress) to djoentje[blah]@gmail.com (remove the [blah])

Also Tomy wouldn't it be a good idea to sell the flashcarts seprate also without the flasher? like, i was thinking in getting a second snesflahcard, but no need in 2x the snes programmer.

Then i got also another question, what can the doctor sf7 do better/more then your flashkit ? (except from cd add-on)

Hmmz, just thinking Tomy What if i would send you the whole Pro Fighter X Turbo II with lpt add-on, maybe you can check on the pfxt2 what's wrong and check out the ramboard Wink so a 64mb ramboard upgrade would come to mind Very Happy (if you like i send you a PAL snes (220v) with it, one that you can keep, no cables included (sorry i don't have a spare 220v snes power supply or tv cables) , only pal snes unit and european snes joypad (us/jap joypads will not work on pal systems))

Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DjoeN,

Yes, you can ship me a PAL europe snes. I need it for testing something. I can pay you money. I don't have PFXT2 64M ram board. So, can not help you to upgrade. But I can help you to fix it too. Any money needed, you can tell me on email. Thank you.
DjoeN

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomy,

Package is shipped (damned just over 2kg and i needed to pay almost €100 for shipping to Hong-Kong, but it will be worth it).

Included:
PAL Snes unit, so you can test on it + Pal Snes Joypad (i know the US joypads had diff. wire install inside so us joypads didn't work on pal snes, anyway just to be sure)
Original PFX LPT Adaptor
PFX2T (32mb) (Also see forum ad mail about the problem)
PFX (32mb) (See mail for more details)

I don't need any money from you Tomy, the PAL Snes is a free gift, for doing a great job. I just need the lpt adaptor/spfx2t/spfx back, that's all Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> Chatting about Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: