ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello experienced users, can you help me?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rippin snare

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Kyuusaku! I understand what it does now. The chip allows me to play any game on my console however only if the game itself is allowable to play ona different region console. Terranigma is the only game I can think of that I would want to play on my NTSC SNES as it is only pal however most games that are pal are also released in NTSC as well making it easy. uCon64 is very powerful and I am sure it has the options needed to get PAL games properly running on my NTSC system. I guess there is nothing really wrong with this flash cart. I will get one and give it a shot I suppose. Just flash on the system downstairs and bring it upstairs to play.

If I am missing anything or there is anything else I should know please do let me know. I appreciate each and everyone's input in sorting me out. If wasn't for you I don't think I would have been comfortable enough to make this purchase.

p.s. I know Terranigma worked fine on my SF7 on my NTSC system. I take it that means the game does play nice when running at 60hz. Though different backup units if it plays on the SF7 is that a good indication that it will play on the superflash cart?
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah if it plays on a SF7 it'll do the same on Super Flash. Regarding DKC games, they're just plain old games so you shouldn't have any problem running any of them presuming Super Flash will handle the SRAM correctly so that the game doesn't flip out.
rippin snare

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good show. Glad on the Terranigma. I hope the DKC country games work. I *think* i remember people saying they had problems with the donkey kong games not keeping their saves. If anyone has or doesn't mind trying can they put the DKC games on their cart to try out?

Thanks again! I think I'm going to order this tomorrow.
WhiteDRG

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKC 1 works perfect, DKC 2&3 won't keep the save ...
rippin snare

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm well that kinda sucks though I remember reading that someplace. Anyone know why they won't keep the save? Is there any sort of patch or command in ucon to fix this issue?
dbjh

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can crack DKC 2 and 3 with uCON64. I haven't tried to run DKC 2 or 3 on my flash card yet.
rippin snare

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reply. Much appreciated. If you happen to try 2 and 3 before I get my cart please do drop a line here. Thanks.
WhiteDRG

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh, uCon can crack those ... this would be awesome. A funny thing is that my original DKC1 won't work with my paReplay ( it erases all savegames ) but if i dump it it works on superflash without any changes.
syd

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhiteDRG wrote:
Huh, uCon can crack those ... this would be awesome. A funny thing is that my original DKC1 won't work with my paReplay ( it erases all savegames ) but if i dump it it works on superflash without any changes.

Might be a long shot, but possibly the battery in the cartridge needs to be replaced?
WhiteDRG

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, it works fine with all other games.
WhiteDRG

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to crack dkc2, but after i do so the game is more than buggy. Level 1 ends suddenly, and if i enter KKRools room i get back to the worldmap.
dbjh

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have verified that my before I replied. Sorry. The European version can be cracked with uCON64, the American version cannot. That is, when I try to run it on my PAL SNES (only tried my SWC). BTW you may find my SWC compatibility list useful. Copy and region protections are agnostic about backup unit types, so my list can also be useful to people with a different type of backup unit/flash card.
rippin snare

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok great. So the European version of DKC 2 and 3 can be cracked and used on the flash cart or did I miss something?

Thanks for the list as well, checking it out now.
WhiteDRG

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, but I tried it with the german version, too. No way ! Perhaps the UK version does better .... But if it can be done I'll succeed one day Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: