ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SuperFlash logic on Xilinx CPLD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neviksti

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: SuperFlash logic on Xilinx CPLD Reply with quote

Tomy, is it possible to reprogram the CPLD on the SuperFlash?

I have been playing with the cart and noticed that it incorrectly puts SRAM at $70:0000- $77:FFFF even in HiROM mode. It would be nice if you could fix this for future versions.

I would also like to make 1Mbit SRAM the power on default for the cart. This would allow SRAM partitioning by having the boot program move around the SRAM according to which game is requested. This would be a nice feature that seems reasonable.

So if I wrote a new logic file for the CPLD, would you be able to reprogram the carts for us?
(We'd pay for shipping and everything of course...)
Jagasian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: SuperFlash logic on Xilinx CPLD Reply with quote

neviksti wrote:
Tomy, is it possible to reprogram the CPLD on the SuperFlash?

I have been playing with the cart and noticed that it incorrectly puts SRAM at $70:0000- $77:FFFF even in HiROM mode. It would be nice if you could fix this for future versions.

I would also like to make 1Mbit SRAM the power on default for the cart. This would allow SRAM partitioning by having the boot program move around the SRAM according to which game is requested. This would be a nice feature that seems reasonable.

So if I wrote a new logic file for the CPLD, would you be able to reprogram the carts for us?
(We'd pay for shipping and everything of course...)

I would also pay for an upgrade. SRAM partitioning would be a great feature to have, since most SNES games seem to use SRAM.
Tomy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neviksti :

Yes, of course can reprogram CPLD for super flash. Like all our product, all included Jtag pins on it. So, no need expensive programmer to reprogram. Use Xilinx Jtag cable already can reprogram it.

Wow, so many special people in snes sence. Like ucon team, they can add support for super flash (no source provide to them). You also can do StarOcean things. And now, you can program CPLD ? So great !

I tell the true here, I don't have super flash CPLD source. So, I only can help for reprogram it and test it. Like before you make flash cart and ask another guy help for test your software. I like to help you if you need. In Hong Kong if you pay people for a project, normally, they don't provide you a source code. So, if you want to upgrade your product, you need to program CPLD yourself. You have source code, you can upgrade your product.

If you can program CPLD, you can reprogram super flash yourself. But talk care, it will lose original super flash CPLD data. Here you can download what you need :

Jtag cable : http://warmcat.com/milksop/cheaptag.html
Xilinx ISE : http://www.xilinx.com/ise_eval/index.htm

If you need help or talk to me, reach me from msn messager. (tomy1122@hotmail.com) I can help you to test your CPLD file or maybe we can make super flash (neviksti version). or we can develop new 128M super flash.

At last, I need to tell you something about program CPLD for super flash. Super Flash designer tell me that it only support 1M to 48M games. And take care, it control cart which plug in t-connector. When need to enable DSP, /CE will be low. And it will disable cart rom.

Jagasian :

Yes, if upgrade file available, I can help for upgrade.
neviksti

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomy:
Thanks for the reply!

There is an option when programming the CPLD to make it no longer programmable (or readible). Since you don't have the source, I am worried that this option is enabled.

Can you try using your JTAG to read the "fuse map" out of the CPLD?
With this file, the project will be easier.

tomy wrote:
And take care, it control cart which plug in t-connector. When need to enable DSP, /CE will be low. And it will disable cart rom.

Thanks for the information.
eggba

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomy wrote:

maybe we can make super flash (neviksti version). or we can develop new 128M super flash.

A neviksti version, now that would be realy cool! Also an 128mbit version would be awsome. What are the limitations (production cost, tecnical limitations) ?

offtopic: Tomy, I can tell you that I put out my Super Flashcart for sale on a internet marketboard (just to look in there were any interest) here in sweden and I got som 50+ replies from ppl wanting to buy it in the first few days. A possible market ? Anyway, no way im selling it untill the new version(s) come out Wink
Jagasian

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
maybe we can make super flash (neviksti version). or we can develop new 128M super flash.

I would buy a 128Mb Super Flash, if it also had partitioned SRAM, a direct boot menu, and uCON64 support Very Happy
DjoeN

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yupz Me To Smile

And maybe it will run more games through a special T-Connector Wink

Let's Go 128M

(But first Roll out this N64 Kit Very Happy )

rippin snare

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess nothing new on this eh? A bigger cart as well as a cart with the memory mapping bug fix would be fantastic as Star Ocean would surely run on this cartridge.

Just wondering.
FloBo

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! New Flashcart with more Flash/RAM and USB-programmable! I'd definately buy such a thing! As well, I'd buy one programmer and two flashcarts! Just can't get enough of this stuff!!!

@tomy: yes, it seems like most of the retrofans out there are SNES-fans^^ Me too Cool
rpetrello

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: 128M Flash Cart Reply with quote

A Flash cart with 128M would be my dream come true...O_O!
Jagasian

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

128Mb flash, 1Mb SRAM, memory map bug fix, SRAM partitioning, USB for both power/data, i.e. no more parallel port, a plastic case for the ROM transfer board, and a built in socket on the flash cart for plugging in a DSP chip, so that the bulky T-connector does not need to be used Smile I would definitely buy that.
kyuusaku

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The question is, will you build it? :P USB hardware is complex as hell
WhiteDRG

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice, but way too expensive. A plasic case for the programmer can be build fairly easy, buy a case, cut 2 holes into it and glue then board into the case. The paralellport solution is slow and outdated, but cheap. There's no need for the T-connector, get a cheap original game and solder it's lockout into to superflash. The ONLY reason to get a new Flashcard would be the SRAM, but it works ok for me to download the SRAM to the PC if i want to play something else. And of course, the DSP socket would be nice .... Isn't it possible to solder a socket to the connector on the superflash board that holds the DSP chip? Must try that ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: