ToToTEK.COM Forum Index ToToTEK.COM
Help & Support Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some questions...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sean

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Some questions... Reply with quote

OK I have read through the forums and still have a few questions.

I have a Japanese, US and PAL SNES.
If I want to run the SuperFlash Cart on all of these systems do I need both the T Connector and the CIC chip?

From reading it looks like the CIC chip is for only NTSC systems. What is the actual purpose of it?

How easy is it to get the SuperFlash cart up and running? I need a USB cable and a Parallel cable, is that all?

Does the Flash cart need to be plugged into my PC whilst being used in the SNES?

Thanks.

Cheers
Sean
vcdfan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want the flash cart running on all 3 systems, you just need the T-Connector, not the CIC chip. If you just wanted to run it on your US/JAP system then you could get the CIC chip. This would enable you to use the flash cart without the T-Connector.
You need a USB cable and parallel cable and the software from the downloads section to get the flash cart working.
No the flash cart isn't connected to your PC while playing games, only to flash games onto the cart.
Hope that helps.

vcdfan
DjoeN

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you can solder a socket on the flashcard (no need to say, it won't fit into a snes case anymore, unless you cut a piece out of it)

This way you can swap CIC easy and you don't need the t-connector @ all (only for dsp games)

marvelus10

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed here that people are associating the T- Connecter with the DSP chip or for using in different region systems, but wouldnt you need the T-Connecter to run games with other chips like the FX's, DSP's 1-4, SA 1's, and so on. From what I have been told there is 16 different chips.
So should it be reccomended that you use 1 game from each chip set to run a rom on the flash cart of that same chip set.
Please correct me if im wrong on this.
Jagasian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marvelus10 wrote:
I noticed here that people are associating the T- Connecter with the DSP chip or for using in different region systems, but wouldnt you need the T-Connecter to run games with other chips like the FX's, DSP's 1-4, SA 1's, and so on. From what I have been told there is 16 different chips.
So should it be reccomended that you use 1 game from each chip set to run a rom on the flash cart of that same chip set.
Please correct me if im wrong on this.

The only special chip that works via the T-connector is the DSP chip.
marvelus10

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultimatly this must mean that all the other special chipped games are not compatible with the SuperFlash and cannot be played without the original cart. Does this go for all DSP chips or just DSP 1.
sean

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marvelus10 wrote:
Ultimatly this must mean that all the other special chipped games are not compatible with the SuperFlash and cannot be played without the original cart. Does this go for all DSP chips or just DSP 1.

Firstly, thanks to vcdfan for answering my questions.

There still seems to be a lot of conflicting advice...

Most of the great games on the SNES use some type of custom chip.

Can the SuperFlash Cart play things like Starfox and Yoshi's Island(FX GSU-2 (FX-V2) )?

What about Kirby Super Star or Super Mario RPG (both SA-1)?

Cheers
Sean
FloBo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it doesn't. But no copier will let you use FX or SA-1-roms as well...

Just have to buy the real carts^^
WhiteDRG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are only acouple of games that won't work because of the special chips, unfortunately those are the most stunning ones. It pays off to get the SFcart, because it plays all the RPG or Adventure games ( FF, SD3 and so on )

Buying the games that won't work + SFcart is a lot cheaper than buing everything Razz
vcdfan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sean wrote:

Firstly, thanks to vcdfan for answering my questions.

No problem mate. Glad to of been some help.

vcdfan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToToTEK.COM Forum Index -> TigerSoft's SuperFlash Cart All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: